surely if I adopt a cache I can download it

ayrbrain

I adopted a couple of caches a week ago that I had already found last year. I am having problems putting them onto my GPS, well one so far I dare not even try the other one grrrrrrrrr(as stated in my previous posting) is it because I have already found these or is that a daft question? Reason I want them onto my GPS is so I can go out and check on them, I have a rough idea where they are but it was way back last year and I want them on my GPS for now.

You need to provide more info (GPS make, model, load method etc). If you expect us to know which other post you are referring to, then we need a link for that.

Previous adoption thread

I think it maybe that you've found them previously... GPS make and model would help.

Or it could just be a problem with the 'Send To' part of the Groundspeak site...

Do you download the file, and then send it to the GPS, if so how/what with, or send it straight to the GPS?

You need to provide more info (GPS make, model, load method etc). If you expect us to know which other post you are referring to, then we need a link for that.

Perhaps this thread, about his gps (Garmin etrex 30):

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=299951

Presumably.

In that case, perhaps my answer in that thread also resolves the issue?

Ayrbrain, let us know if the information in that thread resolves your question.

I adopted a couple of caches a week ago that I had already found last year. I am having problems putting them onto my GPS, well one so far I dare not even try the other one grrrrrrrrr(as stated in my previous posting) is it because I have already found these or is that a daft question? Reason I want them onto my GPS is so I can go out and check on them, I have a rough idea where they are but it was way back last year and I want them on my GPS for now.

What I have done is to make a PQ of my hides and then I can just add to it. I have the PQ run once a week so that I can have the latest logs also. It is true what others have said in that they should show up in the found list on the GPS.