broke virgin (GPS) divorcee needs a GOS!

Hey, y'all. I am newly divorced and trying to make ends meet and find some fun new adventures, and I stumbled upon Geocaching about a month ago. Up til now I have only logged on and read about how much fun everyone is having - I really want to go out and try this for myself. I've even started my own little cache-exchange box in case I ever do get to do it! No husband, no kids, no money, but a great spirit of adventure, and a love for what I've read about so far. I have very limited funds available, and feel I need only the simplest of GPS devices - I've seen a Garmin E-Trex on Ebay used for $75. Can anyone do better?

PS: My birthday is Sunday, 6/30. I will be 40. I asked my parents for the Garmin, but they think I'm crazy, so sent me gas cards and phone cards. Also I have an REI card for $50 and a $25 card for Best Buys. I would be willing to exchange.

Miss Kitty

Keep checking REI if you don't get a a better offer. You might score a clearance or demo unit for around $50 right there.

Don't trade the gas cards...you'll need gas to drive to the caches!

quote:
Originally posted by kitwhit:

Hey, y'all. I am newly divorced and trying to make ends meet and find some fun new adventures, and I stumbled upon Geocaching about a month ago. Up til now I have only logged on and read about how much fun everyone is having - I really want to go out and try this for myself. I've even started my own little cache-exchange box in case I ever do get to do it! No husband, no kids, no money, but a great spirit of adventure, and a love for what I've read about so far. I have very limited funds available, and feel I need only the simplest of GPS devices - I've seen a Garmin E-Trex on Ebay used for $75. Can anyone do better?

PS: My birthday is Sunday, 6/30. I will be 40. I asked my parents for the Garmin, but they think I'm crazy, so sent me gas cards and phone cards. Also I have an REI card for $50 and a $25 card for Best Buys. I would be willing to exchange.

Miss Kitty

I have a Magellan that I bought a few years ago that works really good....while your moving. Let me know if your interested. May be a way to "learn" for peanuts.

quote:
Originally posted by kitwhit:

Miss Kitty