Need help picking up a "lost" cache in Land's End, SC

The_Dinosaurs

Hello fellow Geocachers!

I need help. I was recently on vacation on Hunting Island State Park, and the wife and I decided to drive over to Fort Fremont in Land's End, SC. After looking at the place and noticing no one had placed a cache near there, I decided it would be a great spot!

However, I didn't review the terms stating it needed to be close to my home so I could maintain it. Of course, when we got back, I got an email saying it couldn't be listed. So that leaves a geocache out there that could never be found... Unless...

What I'm asking is that if you are nearby and don't mind to pick up the cache, let me know. There is a FTF geocoin that was placed in the cache and I don't want it to be lost forever.

If you don't mind, I'll send you the coords. Please help me!

Thanks!

-Ian

Hello fellow Geocachers!

I need help. I was recently on vacation on Hunting Island State Park, and the wife and I decided to drive over to Fort Fremont in Land's End, SC. After looking at the place and noticing no one had placed a cache near there, I decided it would be a great spot!

However, I didn't review the terms stating it needed to be close to my home so I could maintain it. Of course, when we got back, I got an email saying it couldn't be listed. So that leaves a geocache out there that could never be found... Unless...

What I'm asking is that if you are nearby and don't mind to pick up the cache, let me know. There is a FTF geocoin that was placed in the cache and I don't want it to be lost forever.

Thanks!

-Ian

Also, I don't really care about the cache itself, however you could reuse if you like. I only care about the FTF geocoin to make sure it's back in circulation.

Hello fellow Geocachers!

Thanks!

-Ian

Also, I don't really care about the cache itself, however you could reuse if you like. I only care about the FTF geocoin to make sure it's back in circulation.

Actually they will allow you to have caches far from home if you can get a local cacher to look out for the cache while you are away.

I have one like that several states away from me without any problems.

Hello fellow Geocachers!

Thanks!

-Ian

Actually they will allow you to have caches far from home if you can get a local cacher to look out for the cache while you are away.

I have one like that several states away from me without any problems.

Even then, I don't know anyone over there in SC... :(

Isn't that the fun thing about geocaching? You might not know someone yet, but your forum message might lead you to coming into contact with someone. Don't give up hope. If this message doesn't help, consider posting in a more specific forum for this area. Or do some digging and see who owns any nearby caches and see if they're willing to take yours on.

I'd suggest you click the "nearest caches" link on your cache page, and look for a cache nearby that was placed recently.

Contact that cache owner through the site and offer them the container and ask them to move the coin, with your thanks.

It can be hard to find your own archived unpublished caches if you've deleted the link for it from the emails about it, so here's how:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx -> at the top click Geocaches (not YOURS, oddly), 
http://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx 

on that page on the right margin you'll see Your Geocaches Awaiting Publication (Show Archived) - clicking Show Archived will add them to the list, with a line through the title

Here's the direct URL for any cacher -

http://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx?archived=y

Thanks everyone. I found a nearby cache and have contacted the owner. I'm really hoping they can help out!

Thanks again!

-Ian

The more active cachers in Beaufort area are: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=75a2627d-84a6-43d1-afc7-d2f4cd1a6156 and http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=358a3a11-0ede-436d-a344-e8fc990819e6

If neither of them get back to you send me the coords. I usually end up there at least once a year for work and would be happy to go back to Fort Freemont.