WTB: a reliable, cheap, gps. Hopefully $150 or under, any suggestions?

Watch out if you go Ebay route...

Garmins web page excludes units purchased from auctions.... But if you don't need the rebate..I have seen a few good deals there..

I am thinking hard about selling my Garmin 12 Personal Navagator because I want more features.. It is a great unit, If you want it send me an email with your best offer. You can research Ebay and see about where they are selling....

Lthaus..

I have a week old venture that I will sell for $130 w/ free shipping. I paid $160 at CircuitCity last week. I only needed it for the weekend and have accidentally thrown away the box, but I have everything else.

" Take what is useful and develop it from there"

- Bruce Lee -

quote:
Originally posted by RiL:

How good of a GPS is the,"Etrex Legend?"

Rick

I love my Legend. If I were rich, I'd get something with a bigger, color screen and more memory, but for the money it can't be beat. Best value out there, IMHO.

--

Random fortune:

sigimage.php

I just ordered the SporTrak Map from Offroute for my brother-in-law. Maybe a little bigger screen and okay memory. It's 172.95 and then you get a $50 rebate. If you're asking about big memory and big colour display then you are talking Meridian Color and $$$$$$.

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

i honestly think the legend has the most bang for the buck. i was set on getting a vista but when i compared them it was too much for what i was going to use it for. i got the legend it works great i found 4 caches in 3 days with it the second one it took me within a foot of it. i'm very happy with my choice.