remove found caches from map - Oregon 450

2xm

Hi there,

my question - like mentioned - how can I...

delete / hide the already found caches from the map?

I'm (not jet) a premium member - so I can't (or don't want) delete ALL .gpx-files (and not quite sure I tried - and it didn't work well - found caches where still shown although...

What I did yet:

removed and zipped some files (from the original-folder) into a new folder (created and done in the windows-explorer). The unzipped files I deleted...:

- geocache_visits.txt

- geocache_logs.xml

Result: No change. All the found and not-yet-found caches are shown at the map...

What else can I do, shell I do?

From october I guess becoming premium member. What should I do in that case?

At the end - sorry - I didn't find a fitting or better working guide in the forum - exept the tipps I already did - but beeing not working (at least in MY case..)

Thanks a lot for reading and helping and for german readers: I'm german and could also read german advices :-)

Team 2xM

Hi there,

my question - like mentioned - how can I...

delete / hide the already found caches from the map?

I'm (not jet) a premium member - so I can't (or don't want) delete ALL .gpx-files (and not quite sure I tried - and it didn't work well - found caches where still shown although...

What I did yet:

removed and zipped some files (from the original-folder) into a new folder (created and done in the windows-explorer). The unzipped files I deleted...:

- geocache_visits.txt

- geocache_logs.xml

Result: No change. All the found and not-yet-found caches are shown at the map...

What else can I do, shell I do?

From october I guess becoming premium member. What should I do in that case?

At the end - sorry - I didn't find a fitting or better working guide in the forum - exept the tipps I already did - but beeing not working (at least in MY case..)

Thanks a lot for reading and helping and for german readers: I'm german and could also read german advices :-)

Found and not yet found caches will be visible on the map until you change the gpx file(s) the cache information is contained in. I can live with this - I load new gpx files regularly that are delivered via Pocket Query (a Premium Member only feature), and within the setting for the PQ, I define that I want to have my own and my found chaches excluded.

Have fun!

Gernot

Thanks for the advices.

And sorry for delayed answer.

What I did:

I searched for all possible folders / files and zipped it - the files - first (keeping it in the current folder) and after that erased it - the files I zipped and saved it in that way.

And this folder by folder. Checking the device for "still working?".

Succes: The fund symbols where deleted

Drawback: All the other caches were erased too! ;-)

But so I had the chance to handle that topic and to get closer to "my" Caches...

Thanks for the answers and good luck seeking and finding all your further caches

Team 2xM