Help for a newbie in Rochefort?

stijnhommes

I've just started caching and I'm enjoying it, but because I've got no transportation of my own, I'm stuck with the caches in the immediate vicinity of where I'm staying. On top of that. I appear to be pretty good at finding micros in simple terrain, but as soon as terrain gets rough, I seem to overlook even the biggest caches. A couple of pointers and people with more accurate equipment might teach me a lot.

I would appreciate it if any experienced cachers or teams in Namur, Belgium would be willing to take me along for a hunt between now and August 18 2012, especially if it involves a cache big enough for me to drop of a trackable.

Any takers?

I've just started caching and I'm enjoying it, but because I've got no transportation of my own, I'm stuck with the caches in the immediate vicinity of where I'm staying. On top of that. I appear to be pretty good at finding micros in simple terrain, but as soon as terrain gets rough, I seem to overlook even the biggest caches. A couple of pointers and people with more accurate equipment might teach me a lot.

I would appreciate it if any experienced cachers or teams in Namur, Belgium would be willing to take me along for a hunt between now and August 18 2012, especially if it involves a cache big enough for me to drop of a trackable.

Any takers?

Hi stijnhommes,

Welcome to the geocachers community! :)

I am not really near Rochefort but from somewhere near Liège, so difficult for me to help.

Nonetheless, a couple of little advises :

- Select your first caches based on T/D rating. I do not know which one you did not find, but maybe they were high-rated ones

- Look at previous logs on the cache page, they often contain precious hints

- Once in the field, be patient and look carefully all around you. Do not search only for the cache, but first for previous cachers tracks. Then, search for unusual things like a pile of stones or of bough, something that has nothing to do there. Also, think at where you would hide the container if it was you own

- Do not trust your GPSr. When you are around the cache location, stop looking at your GPS screen, and look around you!

- It is only a matter of practice. When thinking back at my first couple of finds, for which I sometimes looked for more than half and hour, I would be now able to point out the container location within seconds!

Keep on caching, I am sure you will gain a lot of experience and become a great hunter! :P

oliantoine