Log Entry on Geocaching.com

SS_Steadly

I'm new to the Geocaching.com website. I've been trying to update and log some caches that I've recently found, but the text entry window is grayed out and will not allow me to enter any text. I am using Google Chrome as my web browser. Can anyone give me some guidance as to what might be the problem.

Cheers

--SS--

I've tried to access the log window through the "log your visit link" but still no luck...

did you log in?

There is no "Log your Visit", if you are not logged in. Instead you get, "Log in to log your visit".

I don't know anything about Chrome. Is it possible that a security feature is disabling the text area?

I'm new to the Geocaching.com website. I've been trying to update and log some caches that I've recently found, but the text entry window is grayed out and will not allow me to enter any text. I am using Google Chrome as my web browser. Can anyone give me some guidance as to what might be the problem.

Cheers

--SS--

Have you ever been able to log finds?

What has changed since the last time you did?

I use a pretty stripped version of Google Chrome at work and checked. I can submit a log entry using Chrome, so I don't think it's a problem with Chrome by itself. Do you have any add-ons or apps running that might interfere? Are you able to try a different browser and narrow the problem down a bit?

I can see from your profile you've never logged any caches. But it also shows you "visited" the website yesterday (8/8) so it shows you've logged in.

Other than that, can I suggest posting a screen print of what you're seeing so we can take a look?

This past week I've logged my first 7 finds. All with Google Chrome.

Can you tell a little more about your setup? Do you have any extensions active?

Do you use it on a Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 system or something different?

Do you have a similar problem with text fields being unavailable on any other websites?