Size limit?

AutisticMajor

I was thinking about placing a cache and I was wondering about size. Is there an upper limit to cache size? I was thinking that a small plastic garden shed could make a good cache, with a combination lock and a puzzle that gives the combination. I realize that waterproofing would be a challenge and this type of container is not cheap, but in a deep woods location, this could be a fun cache.

I was thinking about placing a cache and I was wondering about size. Is there an upper limit to cache size? I was thinking that a small plastic garden shed could make a good cache, with a combination lock and a puzzle that gives the combination. I realize that waterproofing would be a challenge and this type of container is not cheap, but in a deep woods location, this could be a fun cache.

If I was to come upon something like a locked shed in the woods I would assume there was something inside for research purposes. So if you do this, then make sure the description indicates that the shed is the cache.

And there is no size restriction that I am aware of.

There is no size limitation, but a lot of areas have restrictions about leaving sheds out in the woods.

Check with local agencies and restrictions first. Most places have a governing body and rules. There are maps online and at ranger stations to find out who governs that land. Then you can find out if its okay to leave a shed there or whether they would haul it away and fine you.