geocaching app for new i-pad

I have one of the new i-pads with 4G capability through Verizon. When I go to the apple app store, I see the geocaching app available for the i-phone but not the i-pad. Does anyone know if the app for the phone with work on the i-pad? Don't mind paying the price -- I currently use the geocaching app on my android tablet and my android phone and have not had any problems with it -- but want to make sure it will work before downloading and paying for it. Thanks,

I would think an iPad would be an awkward way to geocache, but I've seen others say they use one. I use my iPhone a fair amount. It works well and I've yet to drop it. The geocaching app works fine on the iPad, but it is not designed for it, so you either have a smalll iphone-sized window, or blow it up 2x which doesn't look great and everything is jumbo sized, but it does work.

There are some other unnofficial apps that work and are universal so are designed for the iPad. Some are free. I am not thrilled with the two I tried, but they do have some nice features that the official app doesn't have (and are missing some the official one has, and are generally a lot clunkier), so they are a good supplement.

Hopefully they update the official app to be universal at some point, but so far it isn't.

Edited by crunchewy

I would think an iPad would be an awkward way to geocache, but I've seen others say they use one.

I saw a family of newbies using a couple iPads and iPhones one day. The father (I think? Maybe uncle; doesn't matter) asked if my PN-40 was really that much better than what they were using and I told him "well, those'll work OK in some conditions, but would you ever do this with an iPad or iPhone?" Then I tossed my GPSr about 8 feet in the air (2 feet over our heads) and let it fall to the ground.

I've done enough potentially bad things to my PN-40 that even with a sturdy case, I'd be hesitant to take my phone out of my pocket in a lot of situations. An iPad (or other tablet)? No way.

Thanks for all the responses. I don't actually geocache with my i-pad. I use both my Garmin GPS unit in the car that I have downloaded cache info for and my Garmin 60CSx in the field. What I use the i-pad for is when we are in an area that we haven't previously downloaded caches for. I like the bigger size while sitting in the car and use the app to look for caches in the area. I can then just input the various coordinates in the 60CSx. I like the quick easy of the app better than going through the regular website, just like the larger screen size compared to my phone. I will go ahead and bite the bullet for the cost and try it on the i-pad.

I have one of the new i-pads with 4G capability through Verizon. When I go to the apple app store, I see the geocaching app available for the i-phone but not the i-pad. Does anyone know if the app for the phone with work on the i-pad? Don't mind paying the price -- I currently use the geocaching app on my android tablet and my android phone and have not had any problems with it -- but want to make sure it will work before downloading and paying for it. Thanks,

Looking4cache free. Try that.