Delete Finder's Photos from My Cache Page

K13

I'm asking for myself and a couple of geofriends. What are the steps a cache owner takes to remove a finder's photo from the cache page? The spoiler photos take the fun from those who haven't attempted the find. Can the photos be removed without affecting the finder's log & find count?

I'm asking for myself and a couple of geofriends. What are the steps a cache owner takes to remove a finder's photo from the cache page? The spoiler photos take the fun from those who haven't attempted the find. Can the photos be removed without affecting the finder's log & find count?

I believe they can. Try editing the log and see if there is an option for putting the photo in a trash bin. Can't help much more since I have not done this.

As an owner, yes, you can delete photos from logs without deleting the entire log. To do so:

1. Click on "View Log" for the log in question on the cache listing.

2. If there is more than one photo attached to the log, click on the photo you want to delete.

3. Above the photo, there's an "Edit Image" link. Click it.

4. To the right of the photo, click the icon_trash.jpg icon.

It will probably ask you for confirmation, but I don't want to accidentally delete someone's photo from one of my caches, so I'm not going to test that theory right now. :laughing:

I posted a few photos that I thought the cache owner would appreciate--15 or so folks looking for his cache, containing different perspectives along a 20 foot wall or so. Well he wasn't. He deleted them without warning. I no longer have the photos. My own fault, didn't occur to me that the photos would get deleted.

You might consider saving off and holding the pictures for awhile if you delete them.

I will probably post pictures to my own caches/archived caches/archived events or something and refer to a link if I make the effort to post any pictures again. That way, they couldn't delete my photos. And backup my photos...