How long .......

mudmonkey2618

As a general rule what is the wait time after sending answers to a CO on an earthcache?

I have done several and usually have heard back very quickly but have been waiting a couple of days so far for a recent one!

Just wondering...

Thanks

Some never respond. Are you waiting for a response before logging your find? Unless the cache page specifically says to wait, it's generally okay to just go ahead and log it.

As a general rule what is the wait time after sending answers to a CO on an earthcache?

I have done several and usually have heard back very quickly but have been waiting a couple of days so far for a recent one!

Just wondering...

Thanks

Some never respond. Are you waiting for a response before logging your find? Unless the cache page specifically says to wait, it's generally okay to just go ahead and log it.

What he said!!! lol

My experience has been to log the cache and send info at (roughly) the same time. If there is something else needed or clarification sought, the Earthcache owner will contact you. I have it on all my pages that go ahead and log the Earthcache and send me the answers I seek...If I see something that "alarms" me, I will get back to you. I try to follow-up each email with at least a thanks for visiting.

Just wondering...

Thanks

I have never responded to an email verifying a find on my earthcache, and I can't recall anyone ever responding to me when I have logged one.

On vacation in Arizona, I logged a find on an Earth cache but due to the nature of vacation and what was occurring at the time, I was going to wait until I got home to email the information. I needed to do some reading & research for my answers..... I was new to the area and had no clue.

The CO sent me an e-mail the day after I logged it to remind me to send the information.

I was still going to wait until I got home, but found some time in the hotel room to get what I needed and reply to her e-mail.

I usually wait about a week for a finder to send me the qualifying email before sending a reminder.

When logging an EarthCache or Virtual, I just log the find and send the email right after. If the CO doesn't like my answers they can ask me to try again, change my log, or even delete it for me...if they want to be that way. :P

I have had cases where I had to remind the finder to log their find after they sent me the answers! :lol:

Just wondering...

Thanks

You missed 'even if the cache specifically says to wait.' Pretty sure that's an ALR.

Send the e-mail, log the cache. Then see what the owner has to say.

You missed 'even if the cache specifically says to wait.' Pretty sure that's an ALR.

Excellent point. I'm not sure how common it is to see this these days anyway. I just checked all 29 of my Earthcache finds, and none said to wait.

Therefore, as long as you've sent your answers to the CO, go ahead and log it as a find.

thanks for the input everyone, I just now logged it as found and mentioned in the log (with a pic as required) when i had sent an email.

cheers

Just an FYI, but pictures are no longer allowed as a Logging Requirement, except under some very unusual circumstances. That being said, I think most cache owners (Earthcache or otherwise), really appreciate folks taking the time to download a picture or two of their adventures.

Back OT....I usually prefer it if folks log their Find on my EC's at the same time that they send me the email with answers.