iOS app: Navigate via TomTom (or Navigon, etc)

crunchewy

I recently downloaded the free version of Looking4Cache for iOS, and while it has a pretty anemic capability for actually locating a cache, it has a great feature where I can navigate to a cache (or related waypoint) via an external app. It supports at least TomTom and Navigon and probably others. This is really fantastic, as otherwise I'm manually entering a GPS coordinate into TomTom, because I'm terrible at navigating via car on my own. :) I would love to see this capability in the official Geocaching app. For now I can use both apps - searching for and navigating to a cache with Looking4Cache, then actually finding it with the Geocaching app, but it sure would be nice to be able to just use the official one, especially since it's way better for actually locating a cache.

Thats my same situation. I wish the functions appear with the next update. Because Looking4Cache takes very much of my battery.

Of course there are other caching apps that do this as well. I use Geosphere, which I like for most purposes, but I am sure there is a longer list. -- which makes me think it could easily be incorporated into the Groundspeak app.

Edited by geodarts