How can I delete unwanted pictures from my gallery?

paloboss

Hello,

could anybody help me to delete unwanted pictures from my gallery in the public profile? I know that the pictures in the gallery appear automaticaly after attaching them to any cache logs and therefore it is neccessary to delete them from the source cache log. But my problem is that I can not find the connection to the source log, where the picture was attached. I certainly identify the area on the picture and I checked all my logs in caches in wider area and also in challenges, but I am not able to find it. All my logs in the area, which is on the picture, were without attached pictures. Is there some possibility to find the link from the picture in the gallery to the source log, where this picture comes from? Thanks for answers in advance.

Hello,

could anybody help me to delete unwanted pictures from my gallery in the public profile? I know that the pictures in the gallery appear automaticaly after attaching them to any cache logs and therefore it is neccessary to delete them from the source cache log. But my problem is that I can not find the connection to the source log, where the picture was attached. I certainly identify the area on the picture and I checked all my logs in caches in wider area and also in challenges, but I am not able to find it. All my logs in the area, which is on the picture, were without attached pictures. Is there some possibility to find the link from the picture in the gallery to the source log, where this picture comes from? Thanks for answers in advance.

Go into your Gallery, click on the photo you want to delete. When the photo opens in a separate window, you will see at the bottom left corner two links: "view log" and "print picture". Click on "view log" to get to the log where you can delete the photo.

Once you are there, the log and the photo will show. Over the photo will be "edit image". Click that and you will be taken to a page where you have the option to "delete image" at the bottom of the list of options.

edit: I see the problem now. That's weird.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to deal with this, other than contacting Groundspeak.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I have some scripts running that may be affecting my display of pictures, but...

If you double-click on the picture you don't want, it opens in a new window. Then you can select 'Show log' and you will be taken to the log where you posted the picture. At this point you can 'delete' it. Please not that it isn't actually 'deleted', but is set to not show up in your gallery or on the log anymore. If someone has the URL to the photo, they can still see it.

I have some scripts running that may be affecting my display of pictures, but...

If you double-click on the picture you don't want, it opens in a new window. Then you can select 'Show log' and you will be taken to the log where you posted the picture. At this point you can 'delete' it. Please not that it isn't actually 'deleted', but is set to not show up in your gallery or on the log anymore. If someone has the URL to the photo, they can still see it.

The photo in question does not have the "view log" link. It just shows "print picture".

The one in the second row, titled "cave":

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=1690404

I think that's the only one, I didn't check every photo in the Gallery.

B.

The photo in question does not have the "view log" link. It just shows "print picture".

This usually means it's a photo attached to a trackable log. I'm pretty sure this bug was reported in the past, but I may be wrong because I just did some searching and I can't find it. I'll report it now.

I browsed through the OP's trackable logs and found the trackable log in question: TL21MREZ

I do not know how to thank you. You help me a lot. You thoroughly looked up for my problem and found it with quite big effort. Thanks again. This was my first contribution to the forum and I really did not supposed such concern in solving of any problem. I am happy that I am part of this kind community.

Hello,

Go into your Gallery, click on the photo you want to delete. When the photo opens in a separate window, you will see at the bottom left corner two links: "view log" and "print picture". Click on "view log" to get to the log where you can delete the photo.

Once you are there, the log and the photo will show. Over the photo will be "edit image". Click that and you will be taken to a page where you have the option to "delete image" at the bottom of the list of options.

edit: I see the problem now. That's weird.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to deal with this, other than contacting Groundspeak.

B.

I have two identical pictures in my gallery attached to the same log. I double clicked on one and the visit log came up. I went to it and x (deleted ) the image. In the gallery both still show up but the one I clicked on no longer shows visit log. I deleted a different picture from a log and it is no longer in the log but is still in the gallery. How can I delete it from the gallery? Thanks

I have two identical pictures in my gallery attached to the same log. I double clicked on one and the visit log came up. I went to it and x (deleted ) the image. In the gallery both still show up but the one I clicked on no longer shows visit log. I deleted a different picture from a log and it is no longer in the log but is still in the gallery. How can I delete it from the gallery? Thanks

Are you talking about this photo? Like I mentioned above, if the photo doesn't have a "View Log" link, it's most likely attached to a trackable log, not a cache log. I browsed through the trackables you've logged, but couldn't see that photo, so I went through your own trackables. Here's the trackable log with that photo.

Are you talking about this photo? Like I mentioned above, if the photo doesn't have a "View Log" link, it's most likely attached to a trackable log, not a cache log. I browsed through the trackables you've logged, but couldn't see that photo, so I went through your own trackables. Here's the trackable log with that photo.