Best App for a blackberry ? Bold 9900

Hi all

We have managed to find just under 700 caches in our first year and love our garmin gpsmap 62s which we use with GSAK and my wife has found the odd cache on her android ......

I have a blackberry bold 9900 and wondered who has used it for caching and what apps are recommended - i dont mind pay or free but want to be able to find and log via the phone

Thanks for your ideas

Castledweller

Hi all

We have managed to find just under 700 caches in our first year and love our garmin gpsmap 62s which we use with GSAK and my wife has found the odd cache on her android ......

I have a blackberry bold 9900 and wondered who has used it for caching and what apps are recommended - i dont mind pay or free but want to be able to find and log via the phone

Thanks for your ideas

Castledweller

I use CacheSense on a Blackberry Curve and it's a GREAT application. The GPS is pretty accurate when compared against my primary GPS, a Garmin Etrex 30. I always use both when geocaching. I use the Garmin for navigation and the Blackberry for logging, sorting and searching. I love being able to log immediately from the field, including dropping and picking up trackables. It's also great to have an online search and Google satellite view available when you're wondering about an approach to a cache location. CacheSense has a free 30-day trial, and is $9.99 to buy it after that. Very much worth it! The developer is very active with his users on their support forum and responds to questions very quickly.

Downside of using a smartphone for geocaching is the short battery life. Upside is having wireless access to all that while you're in the field. Give it a free trial for 30 days. www.cachesense.com.

Simply put, the best out there is CacheSense. I've use Blackstar Navigation, but it's not really supported, but is free. CacheSense on the other hand, is fully supported, is free to use for the 1st 30 days and then it's only $9.99 for a lifetime purchase. It uses the Geocaching.com api so it's fully integrated with the website...an awesome application and was the first 3rd party geocaching app to use the api B).

The forums are also active and the developer, Bruce, answers all questions promptly and quite clearly, even though he speaks Kiwi, hehe.

I can't say enough about the app, but it does everything....even loading PQ's on the fly for when you plan on going outside of cell range. And should you try submit your log out in the boonies and out of cell range, CS will automatically submit it once you get back into cell range. Pretty nifty.

So check it out for 30 days...it's a full and complete app too.