My geocaching experience today...

hikerjames52

My geocaching experience today...

Looking for a geocache today on the property of an almish family. This woman was weaving with her loom when I asked her if she knew about the geocache being on the property. Yes, she said. I asked several other questions to the where abouts it might be, but she didn't want to tell me as to spoil my hunt. I told her it was a GZ at the door way of a building there and she asked me if I ever played the game "cold or hot" ? and I said yes. Then she said go back to that spot and I would be "hot". As I continued for several minutes, I was about to give up. She came to me and said... Go where you might think you shouldn't be allowed to go. That would be inside the building. I asked if I was allowed to go into the building and she said yes. Looking for several more minutes she said I was very hot and that I could see it from inside the building. Wow ! I'm playing hard with this game by now. I looked high and low for this cache but came up with nothing ! Then as I looked out a window I noticed a set of steps on the outside going up to another entrance to the building and I noticed a container up under the steps and said... I found it !! She was so happy that she helped me with the find!!! Then lots of questions came from her about geocaching and how to log them and many other questions about the web site. She was interested in this game. I showed her my GPS and explained several features on it. I really enjoyed my hunt and she really enjoyed talking to me. Just think, 65 Years without electricity and making your own cloths, this woman learned about geocaching with a global positioning system using multi million dollar satellites for tracking tupperware from the dollar store!!! :D