Won cash looking for cache!

4thnoel

I was going to look for a cache today and stopped at a fund raiser for veterans. I had to take a picture of the Budweiser Clydesdale's because my grandfather had his picture taken with them in 1954 and I had the copy with me. Soooooooo I left with the raffle with and extra $265.00 from the 50/50 raffle. Thanks geocache, If it wasn't for you I never would have gone that way. Any one else with fun stories of things that happened on the way to a cache?

A few years ago a couple cachers were looking for one of the stages of a cache and found an envelope with a car key and note in it attached to the bottom of a picnic table. They initially thought it was part of the cache, but it really was was part of a separate state-wide treasure hunt contest being sponsored by "Our Iowa" magazine. Even though they were unaware of the contest, they ended up winning the Mini Cooper. Here's an article about their lucky find:

WCF Courier news

Edited by medoug

I was going to look for a cache today and stopped at a fund raiser for veterans. I had to take a picture of the Budweiser Clydesdale's because my grandfather had his picture taken with them in 1954 and I had the copy with me. Soooooooo I left with the raffle with and extra $265.00 from the 50/50 raffle. Thanks geocache, If it wasn't for you I never would have gone that way. Any one else with fun stories of things that happened on the way to a cache?

I fail to see what geocaching had to do with that. Thank the fund raiser. Few geocachers I know would stop for gas without complaining, much less stop for a fund raiser. :laughing:

geocaching has to do with the fact that if I had not gone looking for a cache I would not have known about the fund raiser. It was not in my newspaper because I lived in a different state. Sorry if this story bored you.

I fail to see what geocaching had to do with that. Thank the fund raiser. Few geocachers I know would stop for gas without complaining, much less stop for a fund raiser. :laughing:

I've heard a tale of a person who put scratch off tickets in his caches for the FTF to find, and one of them gave a pretty nice prize when it was scratched off.

There is a couple in Southern Ontario, whose whole Geocaching username and identity revolved around leaving lottery tickets as signature items in caches. They've found another hobby that interests them, and are pretty much inactive these days now. I personally won $4 I believe, finding their signature items in caches. EDIT: P.S., I traded fairly, depending on the face value of the ticket. :D

geocaching has to do with the fact that if I had not gone looking for a cache I would not have known about the fund raiser. It was not in my newspaper because I lived in a different state. Sorry if this story bored you.

No big deal, I think it's an interesting topic. :P

Edited by Mr.Yuck