Pocket query with original coordinates

MirecXP

Hi

helpful feature of pocket queries is modification of the unknown cache coordinates to the corrected coordinates.

But sometimes I would like to generate pocket query without these corrected coordinates (e.g. the PQ could be accessed by some other people and I don't want to spoil).

Is this possible?

Miro

One option would be to just not make the PQ available to others. But unless I'm mistaken, I don't think others will see your corrected coordinates. The corrected coordinates and any notes you have added will only be seen if logged in on your account, in other words, they're just going to get a list of caches, same as if they'd run the PQ themselves . At least I think this is correct, someone who know for sure, please feel free to chime in.

Corrected co-ordinates and user notes are only available to the user who created them. Whether it be in a PQ or while viewing a cache page online.

Sharing your PQ with others is a violation of the Terms Of Service, so don't do it and there won't be an issue.

If you need to create a PQ without corrected co-ordinates, delete/erase the corrected co-ordinates before creating the PQ.

Corrected co-ordinates and user notes are only available to the user who created them. Whether it be in a PQ or while viewing a cache page online.

Sharing your PQ with others is a violation of the Terms Of Service, so don't do it and there won't be an issue.

If you need to create a PQ without corrected co-ordinates, delete/erase the corrected co-ordinates before creating the PQ.

Actually, you can share a PQ by sharing it's URL. What you can't do is share the resulting GPX file.

Actually, you can share a PQ by sharing it's URL. What you can't do is share the resulting GPX file.

OK, I didn't know about sharing the URL.

But, wouldn't that just run the PQ as if the second person created it themselves, thus not including the notes or user corrected co-ordinates entered by the first person? If they are included, isn't that a major loophole in the rule about not publishing puzzle solutions on a Groundspeak site?

OK, I didn't know about sharing the URL.

But, wouldn't that just run the PQ as if the second person created it themselves, thus not including the notes or user corrected co-ordinates entered by the first person? <--- This one

If they are included, isn't that a major loophole in the rule about not publishing puzzle solutions on a Groundspeak site?

But, wouldn't that just run the PQ as if the second person created it themselves, thus not including the notes or user corrected co-ordinates entered by the first person? <--- This one

So, it appears the answer to the dilemma is to send someone the URL of your PQ if you want to share the 'results'.

Case closed! :)

So, it appears the answer to the dilemma is to send someone the URL of your PQ if you want to share the 'results'.

I don't think it works that was at all. By sharing the URL, you should be sharing the criteria only. Applying the same criteria to different users should give different results. Try this preview of one of my PQs.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?pq=788b6c3b-f715-449d-976b-26a5fea6d414

It is set to exclude caches found by me. I assume that when you run it, it would exclude caches found by you. When I run it, I get 121 caches. You should get 50+ more.

I don't think it works that was at all. By sharing the URL, you should be sharing the criteria only. Applying the same criteria to different users should give different results.

Correct. If any of the profile-specific criteria (any of the criteria that contains "my" or "I" somewhere in it) are used, the results will be different.

BTW Don_J, your link doesn't work. If you want to share a PQ, it has to be the URL of the PQ edit page. Here's the URL for the regularly-scheduled PQ for my home area: http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=a3220766-e436-4cf4-a393-775351c73453

I don't think it works that was at all. By sharing the URL, you should be sharing the criteria only. Applying the same criteria to different users should give different results.

Correct. If any of the profile-specific criteria (any of the criteria that contains "my" or "I" somewhere in it) are used, the results will be different.

BTW Don_J, your link doesn't work. If you want to share a PQ, it has to be the URL of the PQ edit page. Here's the URL for the regularly-scheduled PQ for my home area: http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=a3220766-e436-4cf4-a393-775351c73453

I guess the preview only works for the PQ owner. It links properly for me but when I replace the guid with yours, I get the advanced search page.

So I have found the way to achieve modification of PQ result by using the interesting free program GAPP which I can only recommend.

If someone needs it:

1. LiveAPI / Import Pocket Queries / ...
  2. LiveAPI / Refresh / All
  3. File / Export / ...

In addition I have prepared a simple GAPP script for removing "Found" flags from all caches.

I do not think it is violation of rules if I share it with my wife. I hope Groundspeak will survive if we both pay only one PM although we use 2 accounts.

Right, this is the preferred option if you want to share it with some other cacher.