Cannot pay for premium membership

timpaula

Hi, I'm trying to give you money, but it's not working :)

We had a premium membership a while back, and now have a basic one.

I log in, click "Upgrade to Premium" and fill out the forms, first with Paypal, then with a credit card.

Both give an error that seems to indicate I'm not logged in.

Cookies & Javascript are enabled, I'm using Firefox 14.0.1 on the Mac.

Just tried using Safari 5.1.7 and got the same error. Here's the text:

An Error Has Occurred

Either your session has timed out or an error has occurred.

If you were in the process of purchasing a new premium membership, a basic membership has probably already been created for you. Please log in using the username and password you supplied for your account. Once you have logged in, you may upgrade your account.

Otherwise, please click here to start the checkout process again.

** I'm definitely logged in when I click Upgrade to Premium (it even populates my information into the form, without any form history)

Just tried using Safari 5.1.7 and got the same error. Here's the text:

An Error Has Occurred

If you were in the process of purchasing a new premium membership, a basic membership has probably already been created for you. Please log in using the username and password you supplied for your account. Once you have logged in, you may upgrade your account.

** I'm definitely logged in when I click Upgrade to Premium (it even populates my information into the form, without any form history)

Thanks for letting us know, timpaula, and I'm sorry for the trouble. We're looking into this right away.

I have tried it on 3 different browsers, on two seperate machines which are on different networks.

IE9, Chrome, and Firefox all give the same error. Tried from a Vista and a Win 7 machine, which are on two seperate networks.

Tried both the paypay and the direct CC payment options, with the same result.

The issue aren't the clients, but the check out server.

Maybe I need to eat more ice cream for this to work correctly.... LOL

This error is still an active issue. I've tried to checkout from multiple OS's, browsers, locations, systems, payment methods, and combinations of them all. My last several attempts were on Windows 7 using IE9, Chrome, and FF to no avail.

Regardless of configuration or payment type I receive the following error:

An Error Has Occurred

Is there another place where this should be submitted to review the issue?

This error is still an active issue. I've tried to checkout from multiple OS's, browsers, locations, systems, payment methods, and combinations of them all. My last several attempts were on Windows 7 using IE9, Chrome, and FF to no avail.

Regardless of configuration or payment type I receive the following error:

An Error Has Occurred

Is there another place where this should be submitted to review the issue?

You should email contact@geocaching.com to see if they can help you out. It sounds to me like there's something wrong with your account, which they can hopefully pinpoint and fix (or maybe provide you with an alternate method to pay).