Pixel images for our new categories

Yes, this topic has been discussed before.

There was one person at Groundspeak who created these icons and did them in groups as new categories were added. That was a more efficient way for her to work. That's why there is a wait for new category icons. Apparently a new person took over this responsibility and has a slightly different artistic approach for creating these graphics. The colors are softer, the images themselves are smaller leaving more white space. The older images are brighter and often cover the entire grid square.

I guess I prefer the old style, but this is really not a very important issue for me. The whole grid thing just popped up one day as a Groundspeak initiated enhancement. At least I don't remember hearing any prior discussion. There are still some oddities about the way it works which can be frustrating for those who take the grid seriously. It is a very minor part of Waymarking for me, so I don't pay much attention to it. Still kind of cool though.