"send to gps" does not work

pschollm

Anybody having trouble with the "send to gps" from the geocaching.com cache sites? I used to be able to do this directly to my etrex 20. Cannot anymore. Windows 7, 64 bit. All updated. Yes, I can go thru and save the gps file into the unit individually, but it sure would be nice to use the send to button like before. Mapsource and basecamp both recognize my garmin but geocaching.com does not

Apparently your computer DOES recognize your Garmin. That said... as a Premium Member you should be using Pocket Queries. They contain all the cache page info (aside from photos), plus hint and last five logs.

Your PM is paying for them you should use them. Up to 1,000 caches each, five times a day!

Run the PQ, download it, unzip, click and drag it to your Garmin (as an external drive when hooked to computer).

EDIT to add: Mapsource and basecamp are fine, but you do not need them to load the PQ into the unit.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

... as a Premium Member you should be using Pocket Queries.

There are numerous reasons why someone might want to use the "Send to my GPS" button instead of running a PQ. Say a new cache comes out nearby. There's no way I'm going to run a PQ for that one cache. I'll hit "Send to my GPS", unplug, and go.

pschollm: Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Garmin Communicator plugin? Also, what happens when you do click that button?

... as a Premium Member you should be using Pocket Queries.

There are numerous reasons why someone might want to use the "Send to my GPS" button instead of running a PQ. Say a new cache comes out nearby. There's no way I'm going to run a PQ for that one cache. I'll hit "Send to my GPS", unplug, and go.

pschollm: Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Garmin Communicator plugin? Also, what happens when you do click that button?

I thought of that, but this comment, "Yes, I can go thru and save the gps file into the unit individually...", led me to believe (s)he wishes to load en-mass.

Anybody having trouble with the "send to gps" from the geocaching.com cache sites? I used to be able to do this directly to my etrex 20. Cannot anymore. Windows 7, 64 bit. All updated. Yes, I can go thru and save the gps file into the unit individually, but it sure would be nice to use the send to button like before. Mapsource and basecamp both recognize my garmin but geocaching.com does not

If I want just one cache I download it as a gpx into EasyGPS then send it to my GPS. That way I get the hints and everything else I would get in a PQ.

If I want just one cache I download it as a gpx into EasyGPS then send it to my GPS. That way I get the hints and everything else I would get in a PQ.

No need for easygps - just save the GPX file into the garmin\gpx folder on the device.