PQ not showing all my finds

The Grateful Cacher

Hi there!

This is not the first time I've run pocket queries...I've run a number of them for use with GSAK to post my stats to my profile page.

I chose to show 800 caches (I've found 723), in all of the states I've cached in (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Massachusetts) and after running the PQ, the query tells me that it shows 633 caches. Why would it not show all of them? Is it possible it's not pulling up my found caches that have been archived?

Help, anyone?

EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIGURED OUT AND I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP. TAKE CARE!!!! -JEI

Edited by The Grateful Cacher

Use the My Finds PQ.

It will show ALL your finds, Archived, and any over a certain distance from home/centre point, and out of the state, that other 'normal' PQ's don't or won't show.

Find it at the bottom of the PQ page> http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/. Press "Add To Queue" button. Nothing else to be set!

Thanks Bear! That button is greyed-out. I'm guessing it's because I ran a query two days ago. Sigh.

Thanks for the help!

Use the My Finds PQ.

It will show ALL your finds, Archived, and any over a certain distance from home/centre point, and out of the state, that other 'normal' PQ's don't or won't show.

Find it at the bottom of the PQ page> http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/. Press "Add To Queue" button. Nothing else to be set!

Thanks Bear! That button is greyed-out. I'm guessing it's because I ran a query two days ago. Sigh.

Thanks for the help!

It is still available on the second tab on the PQ page. In fact that is the only way you can download it, it is not emailed.

Use the My Finds PQ.

Thanks for the help!

It is still available on the second tab on the PQ page. In fact that is the only way you can download it, it is not emailed.

Yes -- if it is greyed out, that means that you had submitted one. It should be available to you in the downloads tab on the PQ page. Repeating this but, it is never emailed, it is only available as a download.

The reason a regular PQ (using only "those I have found") doesn't work is because of archivals. A PQ does not return archived caches. There can also be distance limitations.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Use the My Finds PQ.

Thanks for the help!

Yes -- if it is greyed out, that means that you had submitted one. It should be available to you in the downloads tab on the PQ page. Repeating this but, it is never emailed, it is only available as a download.

The reason a regular PQ (using only "those I have found") doesn't work is because of archivals. A PQ does not return archived caches. There can also be distance limitations.

Well, the first tab "Active Pocket Queries" shows the one I ran for MY HIDES and the one for MY FINDS (but only shows 633 of the 723 finds I really have), and the other tab "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" only shows the PQ I ran on 7/29/2012, which it won't allow me to delete.

Use the My Finds PQ.

Thanks for the help!

Well, the first tab "Active Pocket Queries" shows the one I ran for MY HIDES and the one for MY FINDS (but only shows 633 of the 723 finds I really have), and the other tab "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" only shows the PQ I ran on 7/29/2012, which it won't allow me to delete.

You can only run it once every 3 days as it is a rather intense use of resources. I think he was just directing you to where your last my finds was at.

...the other tab "Pocket Queries Ready For Download" only shows the PQ I ran on 7/29/2012, which it won't allow me to delete.

Have you deleted any other pocket queries? It's possible you mistakenly deleted the MyFinds pocket query thinking it was the result of your "MY FINDS" custom pocket query.

OK... let's get this straightened out for you... I don't mean to speak beneath your level, but many get confused between a Pocket Query and a My Finds Query. They function entirely differently.

A PQ will not return all your finds -- a My Finds Query returns all your finds, anywhere in the world, from any log date.

The [Add to Queue] button only returns a My Finds.

A regular PQ must be submitted from the PQ page (only).

Note: the [Add To Queue] button is always grey -- if it is "ghosted" out, then it is unusable for 72 hours since it was last activated.

Don't worry about deleting downloads, they self-delete after (I think) six days.

Now... if you had ran a My Finds and had gotten it mixed up with the others, and it is now unusable, you may have to wait until the [Add to Queue] is active again

Once available, activate the [Add to Queue] (period). There are no parameters to fill out, no day-of-the-week, nothing. It just runs from that activation. It should appear in the download tab within minutes (refresh your browser).

---------------

Side note: Did you actually run a PQ for YOUR HIDES? You have but 11 hides. Not really worthy of a PQ. Perhaps you meant something else.

Use the My Finds PQ.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for confirming the not being able to pull up the archived caches.

I've been successfully running PQ and MY FINDS Queries. Since the MY FINDS QUERY had been run recently, I thought maybe I'd be able to work around it by running a PQ. I guess not. I really do know what I'm doing (mostly). It should be ready to run again in a few hours. Thanks for all of your help!!

OK... let's get this straightened out for you... I don't mean to speak beneath your level, but many get confused between a Pocket Query and a My Finds Query. They function entirely differently.

A PQ will not return all your finds -- a My Finds Query returns all your finds, anywhere in the world, from any log date.

Note: the [Add To Queue] button is always grey -- if it is "ghosted" out, then it is unusable for 72 hours since it was last activated.

Don't worry about deleting downloads, they self-delete after (I think) six days.

Now... if you had ran a My Finds and had gotten it mixed up with the others, and it is now unusable, you may have to wait until the [Add to Queue] is active again

Once available, activate the [Add to Queue] (period). There are no parameters to fill out, no day-of-the-week, nothing. It just runs from that activation. It should appear in the download tab within minutes (refresh your browser).

---------------

Side note: Did you actually run a PQ for YOUR HIDES? You have but 11 hides. Not really worthy of a PQ. Perhaps you meant something else.

Thanks for your clarification. I didn't get anything mixed-up, just being a little impatient really. I did run a PQ for my hides, simply because I just added a new cache and wanted to add it to my GSAK stats.

The only thing I was really unsure of was if running a PQ would or would not bring up archived caches. The rest was just being impatient. Thank you everyone for your help! You're one of the reasons this sport/hobby/obsession is so great!

-Jei

---------------

Thanks for your clarification. I didn't get anything mixed-up, just being a little impatient really. I did run a PQ for my hides, simply because I just added a new cache and wanted to add it to my GSAK stats.

The only thing I was really unsure of was if running a PQ would or would not bring up archived caches. The rest was just being impatient. Thank you everyone for your help! You're one of the reasons this sport/hobby/obsession is so great!

-Jei

If your using GSAK version 8 you should consider using the publish logs interface. It will download your found log automagically. The update status takes care of archived and disabled caches so there really is not much of a need for the MyFinds PQ anymore.

---------------

-Jei

If your using GSAK version 8 you should consider using the publish logs interface. It will download your found log automagically. The update status takes care of archived and disabled caches so there really is not much of a need for the MyFinds PQ anymore.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! For now though, there seems to be a problem...the MY FINDS Query doesn't seem to be working and the MY HIDES PQ is active, but not ready for download and I still can't delete the previous MY HIDES PQ from 3 days ago. I ran both over an hour ago and I'm getting nothing. It's too bad Groundspeak didn't make any of this a bit more intuitive.

---------------

-Jei

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! For now though, there seems to be a problem...the MY FINDS Query doesn't seem to be working and the MY HIDES PQ is active, but not ready for download and I still can't delete the previous MY HIDES PQ from 3 days ago. I ran both over an hour ago and I'm getting nothing. It's too bad Groundspeak didn't make any of this a bit more intuitive.

You can't delete the MyFinds PQ. When it is time it quietly slinks off to a dark place. There is no MyHides PQ other than the regular PQ you put together. It also has the problem of not downloading archived caches. The best way to do a PQ for your hides is make a bookmark list of your hides and generate the PQ from that. Bookmark list PQ's will include archived caches.

You can't delete the MyFinds PQ. When it is time it quietly slinks off to a dark place. There is no MyHides PQ other than the regular PQ you put together. It also has the problem of not downloading archived caches. The best way to do a PQ for your hides is make a bookmark list of your hides and generate the PQ from that. Bookmark list PQ's will include archived caches.

OK. Everything finally worked out, but it took a little over 4 hours to finally get the PQs. Weird

Also, the "MY HIDES" PQ I was trying to delete was a separate manually done PQ of my hides, not the "normal" one. It is still there, but at least I finally got the two I wanted. Usually I get them within a matter of seconds to a few minutes, not 4 1/2 hours!

Anyway, all is good and i appreciate everyone's help! Have a great weekend everyone, and cache on!

-Jei