Need photo of headstone in Mount Hope Cemetery near Akron Ohio

TahoeJoe

Im looking for someone to send me a photo of a grave marker in New Hope Cemetery near Akron Ohio. My grandmother and her siblings were separated from their parents when they were little as the father took off and her mother had a mental breakdown and was sent into a mental hospital around 1916. No one in our family ever knew shat happened to my great grandmother until I was researching our family tree and found out she was sent to the Columbiana County Home which sounded more like a prison. I found out she died there in Jan. of 1929 and was buried on Jan. 10, 1929 in Hope Cemetery. I live in Nevada and would appreciate if someone could send me a photo of her gravesite along with the coordinates.

Thanks,

Joe

Im looking for someone to send me a photo of a grave marker in New Hope Cemetery near Akron Ohio. My grandmother and her siblings were separated from their parents when they were little as the father took off and her mother had a mental breakdown and was sent into a mental hospital around 1916. No one in our family ever knew shat happened to my great grandmother until I was researching our family tree and found out she was sent to the Columbiana County Home which sounded more like a prison. I found out she died there in Jan. of 1929 and was buried on Jan. 10, 1929 in Hope Cemetery. I live in Nevada and would appreciate if someone could send me a photo of her gravesite along with the coordinates.

Thanks,

Joe

I'll be heading over that way this weekend should be able to snap a photo for you on Sunday. I will need the name I am looking for any any information you might have about what section she can be found within.

Also do you know where abouts I can find this cemetery? The only reference I could find to a cemetery for the Columbiana County Home was in Lisbon which makes more sense that Akron as Akron is several counties away. If it is in Columbiana County it is actually a shorter trip fro me. Hope I can help you with this.

Also do you know where abouts I can find this cemetery? The only reference I could find to a cemetery for the Columbiana County Home was in Lisbon which makes more sense that Akron as Akron is several counties away. If it is in Columbiana County it is actually a shorter trip fro me. Hope I can help you with this.

I just realized I didn't give her name. Her name was Ida Courtney. All I know was from the death certificate that said she was buried on Jan. 10, 1929 in Hope Cemetery Salem, OH.

Thanks for your help

Joe

Here's a Google Map of Hope Cemetery in Salem, Ohio.

--Larry

I just realized I didn't give her name. Her name was Ida Courtney. All I know was from the death certificate that said she was buried on Jan. 10, 1929 in Hope Cemetery Salem, OH.

Thanks for your help

Joe

OK I know right where that cemetery is located, found a few caches in the park behind it last year. I will try to get over there early next week to see if I can find the stone for you.

Being from that area originally I googled the home out of curiousity and found this link that tell a little history and some pictures of the County Home, which started as a poor house. Might ease your mind a little knowing it was on 425 acres and doesn't look like a prision at all link to page. It also tells about a cemetary across the road where many of the residents were buried. If you can't find your Great-grandmother in Salem maybe she is there.

just a note, not sure if you are aware of it, but there is a website named Find A Grave that has memorials for gravesites all over the world and you can request headstone pics there also. many times when i am caching, i will fill photo requests while caching in the same cemetery. a couple times, my Dad and i have picked an area and planned a combination cache / pic request trip.

Thanks for your help

Joe

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about the photo. I have been down that way several times now and have not been able to locate the headstone. I will continue to look when I am in the area.