Map and coordinate search in geocaching.com app?

pelig

Hi,

Sorry for newbie questions... :-)

I've bought and installed the Geocaching app from Groundspeak Inc. (on my Samsung Galaxy S2) and it's alright for searching and finding nearby caches which have correct position given at once. But when there is some kind of challenge, riddle, etc to find the coordinates, I'm lost. I cannot find a menu to enter lat/long coordinates?

Instead, I've installed another (free) app where I *can* search for specific coordinates. But it's a bit buggy...

I would also like to be able to search caches from a map but a cannot find that feature either.

So, basically, can someone tell me how to

- search from coordinates

- search from a map

using the Groundspeak app (or any other good app)

Plz help...

I'm not sure how the app is set up for Samsung's OS, because I'm used to the iPhone version. Does the Samsung version have an Advanced Search button? On the iPhone version I can use Advanced Search to have it search in a particular city or around a certain address. I just tried using a set of coordinates as the search location and that worked too. Is that sort of what you're looking for?

Oh, wait, I just re-read your post and I think I misunderstood the question....you want to know how to enter coordinates for the next stage of a puzzle or multi. Again, not familiar with the Samsung but on iPhone, while in the Navigate to Geocache screen, there is a little button in the upper right hand corner with a little flag icon on it, next to the Compass button. That's where you enter additional coordinates. I imagine the Samsumg version has something similar.

On Android phones, while navigating to a cache, just click the Menu button and select Add Waypoint. To search from the map, from search results, press the menu key and select View on Map. Then when the map is loaded, just scroll to the new area you want to see. Click on the menu key and select Search Here.

On Android phones, while navigating to a cache, just click the Menu button and select Add Waypoint. To search from the map, from search results, press the menu key and select View on Map. Then when the map is loaded, just scroll to the new area you want to see. Click on the menu key and select Search Here.

Thank you! Add Waypoint was what I was looking for so I can enter lat/long coordinates.

But about the map search, I have no "Search Here"? Just the usual "Search"...

On Android phones, while navigating to a cache, just click the Menu button and select Add Waypoint.

That works if you're navigating in map mode, ff you're navigating with the Compass, you press the Menu button, but next you press 'Destination' before 'Add Waypoint' shows up.

Russ