Photo competition - August 2012

Dogfort

July Photo competition is here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=297989

Thanks to I! for choosing my photo as the winner.

THEME: This months theme is Drama. Post a photo of something dramatic related to geocaching.

The rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher.

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Follow the theme

When I see the topic of Drama I was unsure if I could include the image, so I will explain.

We had just visited Wonderful Wildlife (GL8XKTPQ) where on the way we had to take shelter from a Thunder Storm after we had left Aira Beck. We were all rather wet on the descent, some more than others but for me the whole walk for the scenery was excellent. The image below is just as my wife shouted out in relief that she could see civilisation again just over the brow of the hill. So you the drama from the cache could come from various places, teh weather, how hard the walk was mainnly for my wife but the kids after they got wet or for me the dramatic view as shown in the image that was seen on the descent.

36211839-469f-4bf5-8bf7-44c05d2c0fe3.jpg

Thats a great example of drama in my book. Often the story needs to be told that accompanies the photograph.

Thank you. Always eventful when the whole family goes out. lol

I'm just hoping this weekend when I go out on my own for a big hill walk that I can find something else to meet you theme. Either way whatever the weather I'm in for some good scenery.

So pleased I moved to Cumbria!

The loosest of loose connections to geocaching, but given the debate about the temporary disabling of caches because of the Olympics;

Took these before finding Windsor Great Park 1

The start of the 200km Kayak Sprint final at Eton Dorney. Will Ed McKeever of Team GB win the Gold after years of preparation?

77d1f9ca-ba6d-4589-903f-163423b4773c.jpg

YES!!!!

49bf0ccb-ae0e-4ea9-b4dc-afb6f4fd76b9.jpg

Number of hours pressing the refresh button on the 2012 ticketing website - we lost count

Cost of tickets - £130

Favours promised to get shifts changed at work - loads & loads

Seeing a British Athlete win an Olympic Gold Medal in my country - Priceless

Edited by Nick & Ali