E.T. Mega Trail

Is their a list of the caches from 1-2000 only? Where can I find it?

I'm curious as to why you would need a list. Wouldn't you simply start with #1, and quit after #2000?

What if he found 2001 then where would he be! I'm hungry

I think we can all safely assume the OP is looking for bookmark lists.

Here is #0001 to #0750.

Here is #0751 to #1500.

Here is #1501 to #2000.

I did not go through these bookmark lists to see if there are any other caches along the trail so you might want to double check to make sure everything is included.

As mentioned above, if you are doing the trail your best bet to get an all inclusive list would be to run a couple of "caches on a route" pocket queries.

Good luck! Have fun! BE SAFE!

Edited to add #1501 to #2000.

Edited by Team Dennis

Bookmark lists are limited to 1,000 caches. You will need two lists.

But the ignore list is unlimited/infinite...

True, but it seemed the OP wanted a list of the ET caches, not to ignore them.

Bookmark lists are limited to 1,000 caches. You will need two lists.

True, but it seemed the OP wanted a list of the ET caches, not to ignore them.

UNTRUE!!! There are a limited/finite number of caches and thus the ignore list can also only be limited/finite.

UNTRUE!!! There are a limited/finite number of caches and thus the ignore list can also only be limited/finite.

But Groundspeak hasn't set an upper limit for the number of potential caches that can still be hidden in the future. Therefore, the number of possible caches is infinite, and therefore the ignore list is infinite.

But I digress...

Therefore, the number of possible caches is infinite, and therefore the ignore list is infinite.

Eventually we'll run out of space to put caches and still adhere to the 528 feet guideline. And Groundspeak will eventually run out of disk space on their servers. So both are actually finite. :P

Therefore, the number of possible caches is infinite, and therefore the ignore list is infinite.

Eventually we'll run out of space to put caches and still adhere to the 528 feet guideline. And Groundspeak will eventually run out of disk space on their servers. So both are actually finite. :P

Disc space can always be solved, real estate is a different matter.

Caches can be archived, then replaced with a new cache. All those archived caches can still be on the ignore list.

But we're getting way off topic. Wait, what was the topic again? :unsure: It would be nice if the OP could come back and give us more detail about what they're trying to accomplish.

USA (all 50 plus DC) is 3.8 million square miles, laid out in a square you can get 100 caches per square mile, so there's room for 380 million caches in the USA alone.

I think there's still a little bit of space left...

USA (all 50 plus DC) is 3.8 million square miles, laid out in a square you can get 100 caches per square mile, so there's room for 380 million caches in the USA alone.

I think there's still a little bit of space left...

Of course some of that area is water, private property that does not allow caches, national parks where it is very hard to places a cache, national forests in the southeast that does not allow caches, military bases and ranges that don't even allow the common citizens, Indian reservations, remote wilderness, and probably another half dozen or so areas that I have not included. So it is at least 10 or 15 less than you estimate.

Ummm... You guys are WAAAAAY off topic. I wanted to plan a trip to Nevada and find the E.T. Mega Trail. I dont want to find the other caches that are on the same route though. How could I create a few PQ's that could take me to 1 through 2000. The other caches up their are for a future trip. This trip I want to find 1 through 2000.

Ummm... You guys are WAAAAAY off topic. I wanted to plan a trip to Nevada and find the E.T. Mega Trail. I dont want to find the other caches that are on the same route though. How could I create a few PQ's that could take me to 1 through 2000. The other caches up their are for a future trip. This trip I want to find 1 through 2000.

As someone else suggested using the Caches along a route feature, you could mark the beginning and end of the road and set the "Distance from the route" value to a low number (.1 of a mile). That should exclude all caches along the route. You might *want* to find some of the caches that are not E.T. 1 to E.T 2000 though. Since the result of the route is going to produce more than 1000 caches you might have to break it up into several routes. You might try searching for a route someone has already created using the Find Routes link on your profile page. From what I've read most that do the E.T. series include the Alien Head and the other GeoArt located series.

I wanted to plan a trip to Nevada and find the E.T. Mega Trail. I dont want to find the other caches that are on the same route though. How could I create a few PQ's that could take me to 1 through 2000. The other caches up their are for a future trip. This trip I want to find 1 through 2000.

Way up in post #5, Team Dennis linked to the three bookmark lists containing E.T. Highway caches 1-2000. Bring up each one, scroll to the bottom, click "Create Pocket Query", pick a day of the week to run, and submit. Lather, rinse, repeat...

Use the shared bookmark lists that were linked above and are linked on every ET Hwy cache listing. As a premium member, you can generate PQs based on any shared bookmark list.

I am curious though, why would you want to exclude the fifteen or so ammo can caches that have been there for ages? I am not a power trail hater, I can take 'em or leave 'em, but it seems a bit silly to stop for 2000 film cans and drive right by the ammo cans without stopping.

I am curious though, why would you want to exclude the fifteen or so ammo can caches that have been there for ages? I am not a power trail hater, I can take 'em or leave 'em, but it seems a bit silly to stop for 2000 film cans and drive right by the ammo cans without stopping.

I found many of those older ammo can caches several years ago. A couple months ago, I was there with friends to do the ET Highway. Of course we also stopped for most of those older caches, and I was dismayed that many of them had been "swapped out" with film cans by recent finders doing the 3-cache-monte :mad:

I found many of those older ammo can caches several years ago. A couple months ago, I was there with friends to do the ET Highway. Of course we also stopped for most of those older caches, and I was dismayed that many of them had been "swapped out" with film cans by recent finders doing the 3-cache-monte :mad:

Please tell us you're joking! :o

Does that surprise you?

Does that surprise you?

Actually, it does. I never dreamed that some would be so ... um, stupid.

Does that surprise you?

It does surprise me a bit. I thought those doing the 3-cache-monte were doing so because they were trying to make their trip as efficient as possible. Lugging along an ammo can would seem to go against that. In fact, I'm surprised the ammo cans weren't buried in a pile of film canister throwdowns.

If the ammo cans had been monte'd down the line, that would mean that at some point someone would have come across an "E.T. Highway ammo can". They then might think they could restore it to the originally intended container type, swap it out for a film canister, and gain an ammo can.

I pity the people that had their caches swamped by that power trail. Maintaining those caches must be an absolute nightmare.

Does that surprise you?

Actually, it does. I never dreamed that some would be so ... um, stupid.

My list of adjectives would include some other terminology way before I got to just 'stupid'. :mad:

Of course you must consider the second line of my signature below...

I saw a log on an earth cache that was near another big trail in the same area that was the same cut-n-paste log the "finder" posted on all of the caches on the trail. The funny part was that the log mentioned stamping the log sheet.

I saw a log on an earth cache that was near another big trail in the same area that was the same cut-n-paste log the "finder" posted on all of the caches on the trail. The funny part was that the log mentioned stamping the log sheet.

Oh, yeah...seen stuff like that before...

Logs on caches that pre-exist the powertrail, and some of them thanking the owner of the powertrail not the actual owner! :(

Seems like someone saw an easy opportunity to score an ammo can with too many suspects of who did it.

It's not always funny. Years before power trails, Mike hit a cow with his Jeep on the ET Hwy. He was killed instantly. His family set up a memorial at the site and placed an ammo can geocache in his honor. Most of the power trail cachers recognize this and write something appropriate. Way too many simply don't know or don't care so many of the logs thank the family for all 2000 caches. One log said that they spent the weekend having fun dodging cows on the ET Hwy. While that may be okay for 456-ET HWY, it's not okay for a memorial for a guy that wasn't able to dodge one.

It's not always funny. Years before power trails, Mike hit a cow with his Jeep on the ET Hwy. He was killed instantly. His family set up a memorial at the site and placed an ammo can geocache in his honor. Most of the power trail cachers recognize this and write something appropriate. Way too many simply don't know or don't care so many of the logs thank the family for all 2000 caches. One log said that they spent the weekend having fun dodging cows on the ET Hwy. While that may be okay for 456-ET HWY, it's not okay for a memorial for a guy that wasn't able to dodge one.

Then there is the Memorial Cache to Sgt. Stevenson westerly up the Queen City Grade N.W of Rachel. (Shortly after ET 0431)

The Sgt of Ceres, California was first on a crime scene as he exited his patrol car was shot by an individual.

The individual then proceeded to stand over Sgt. Stevenson and executed him.

Sgt, Stevenson's Memorial Cache gets many cut and paste logs for the trail.

Chips my concrete that folks don't take the time to jot a more meaningful log. (this behavior preceded the auto-logging feature of a certain product)

That's really sad. I've often wondered about the impact on caches that pre-existed were placed in areas where a power trails was created. I figured they'd either get fewer visits because most people wouldn't divert from the trail to find them, but before the PT they were the only options in the area so people would find them. The other scenario, as several have described, is that they're treated like other caches along the power trail.

Then there is the Memorial Cache to Sgt. Stevenson westerly up the Queen City Grade N.W of Rachel. (Shortly after ET 0431)

The Sgt of Ceres, California was first on a crime scene as he exited his patrol car was shot by an individual.

Chips my concrete that folks don't take the time to jot a more meaningful log. (this behavior preceded the auto-logging feature of a certain product)

The SGT Stevenson cache is listed as a T4. If I remember correctly, I'd give it at least a 3.5. It's about 400' from the hwy with a 100' gain. You all but have to climb to get it. I really wonder how many of it's find logs are simple drive bys, and what that relationship is to boiler plate cut and paste logs. You don't get a 100 in an hour if you stop to climb a mini-mountain.

The SGT Stevenson cache is listed as a T4. If I remember correctly, I'd give it at least a 3.5. It's about 400' from the hwy with a 100' gain. You all but have to climb to get it. I really wonder how many of it's find logs are simple drive bys, and what that relationship is to boiler plate cut and paste logs. You don't get a 100 in an hour if you stop to climb a mini-mountain.

I didn't do SGT Stevenson but I did others along the way. I did stop, I did not swap the containers, I did stamp the log, and I wrote a non-cut-and-paste log. It slows you down, but that is a choice to stop and do them. With the choice comes an obligation. I did get a personal note from the owner of Mike's Memorial thanking me for stopping by. I wonder if that was because it was not a cut-and-paste log. And yes I did use a software package that allowed for easy cut and paste logs, so writing the unique log takes some time and a small amount of effort. Just because a cache is along a power trail does not make it a power trail cache.

I have been watching a few caches along Hwy 375 for ~ 3.5 years.

In addition to watching Sgt, Stevenson's Cache, Mike's Memorial Cache

I also watch "The Original E.T. Highway Cache" GCB2CO >(placed in the cliff face above the Playa 11/29/2002)<

All three get 'hinky logs".

Because of the proximity of Michael David Adam's cache to the highway his cache seems to garner more visits and more hinky logs than the others. (The longer the hike, the fewer the visits)

Got to tell you, the Earth Cache beside The Playa across from "The Original E.T. Highway Cache" has straight up logs.