Non Walking caches in Fife

I'm disabled and cant walk much distance at all, i would like to see more caches where you can drive very close to them. i suppose i'm talking cache & dash, while my wife enjoys the usual caches, it would be nice to join in now and then.

I suppose geocaching isn't by nature an activity for people like me, but it would be good to get involved

I'm from Berkshire but even so the terrain where I set my caches is not suitable for the disabled.

My caches usually are a reasonable puzzle then a fair walk to the cache. One particular series includes caches in several different counties and many miles of travel.

I've been toying with the idea of opening them up in a "co-operative" form for the less able.

Essentially the less able person would solve the puzzles but recruit a more able person to do the fieldwork and could be done over large distances much along the lines of how seekers are sought to do the stages of "The Magnificent Journey"

I say toying with the idea because it would likely upset the purists of D/T ratings and efforts expended.

Would something of this nature interest folk such as yourself? Would it detract not finding a physical container or one at the end of seven and then with a little assistance?

I welcome folks views but am too short of time to get into great debates. :lol:

Yeah that would appeal to me at one level, but still it would be nice to be able to drive a given route, where each of the caches were reasonably close to parking. Even if the cache were at a small distance for your partner to collect. i sometimes find myself sitting in the car for the best part of 30 - 40 minutes waiting for Tricia to return.

Yeah that would appeal to me at one level, but still it would be nice to be able to drive a given route, where each of the caches were reasonably close to parking. Even if the cache were at a small distance for your partner to collect. i sometimes find myself sitting in the car for the best part of 30 - 40 minutes waiting for Tricia to return.

Not necessarily Fife, but here are some drive by caches. Not only useful for people like yourself, but also for those horrible rainy days, or just for seeing the countryside if you are on holiday or touring.

A Drive in the Country

Melting Mouth

Bridge to bridge

Cuil a Slighe

H G Series

From a cache page if you click on Geocaching.com Map you can zoom out/move the map and see what caches are on roads on a route for yourselves.

Edited by perth pathfinders

Once again it's a long distance from you;

The Skeg to Ness series - 207 caches on 197miles likely the furthest walk is 0.2mi many are right at the parking.

Thanks perth pathfinders i'll certainly take those into consideration on my next trip through perthshire :)

They are not all perthshire, gave you a mix.

A mix of cache and dash set by Fife cachers, Perthshire cachers and Dunblane cachers

Bridge to bridge is the Forth Bridge (your area) to Erskine bridge

Cuil a Slighe is Fife

Both H G Series and Melting Mouth Series were set by fifers.

There are also loads of drive-by caches south of the Forth and going all the way down to the borders, although they do not have a collective cache name, you would need to use the maps.

All these series driveable distance from Rosyth. So certainly plenty to keep yoos busy! :)

Edited by perth pathfinders

There are also loads of drive-by caches south of the Forth and going all the way down to the borders, although they do not have a collective cache name, you would need to use the maps.

All these series driveable distance from Rosyth. So certainly plenty to keep yoos busy! :)

Yes, the series that PP mentions are all good and contain heaps of caches.

I have a series in the West Lothian area (between the A70 and A71) called The Sherbet Fountain Trail. All, including the final, are cache and dashes, although I'd reiterate that No.8 requires good attention as it's close to a fast road.

I also have The John Buchan Trail around the Broughton area (A701 Moffat road), and quite a number of others in The Borders/East Lothian, most of which are cache and dashes. Some will challenge more than others (Moor and Mountain being one such). :bad:

And of course I'm by no means the only one!

Have fun...

Edited by Original A1