"needs maintenance " note when submitting new cache?

penumbra59

Today I wanted to submit a new cache and when going to the submit form I received a screen that says a cache I own needs maintenance. A bit strange as all my caches are up and running so is there a way how to resolve this so that I don't get that note anymore? as all my caches are ok I consider this as a bug in the system ? Or am I doing something wrong?

I can ofcourse choose: continue anyway but I would like to resolve the problem :)

this is what the note says :

According to our records, you own a cache or caches that may need your attention:

HANDDOEK 59 (GC3K39T) - Needs Maintenance

Please make sure to resolve any issues with your existing cache(s) before submitting a new listing.

Go to your profile or read about cache maintenance.

Edited by penumbra59

Today I wanted to submit a new cache and when going to the submit form I received a screen that says a cache I own needs maintenance. A bit strange as all my caches are up and running so is there a way how to resolve this so that I don't get that note anymore? as all my caches are ok I consider this as a bug in the system ? Or am I doing something wrong?

I can ofcourse choose: continue anyway but I would like to resolve the problem :)

this is what the note says :

According to our records, you own a cache or caches that may need your attention:

HANDDOEK 59 (GC3K39T) - Needs Maintenance

Please make sure to resolve any issues with your existing cache(s) before submitting a new listing.

Go to your profile or read about cache maintenance.

To remove that attribute, make an "Owner Maintenance" log. It looks like it is for this cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bfb97c02-c2bd-4f59-b31f-2f664daa4a24

Edited by kunarion

Ooohh... now that I look more closely at your cache it DOES look like a bug. Ideally, the system should alert you of outstanding maintenance issues. It looks like the programming doesn't recognize that those issues have been dealt with - and logged as Owner Maintenance done, it only searches for the NM log.

This is definitely a programming bug.

This is definitely a programming bug.

That's what I thought initially, too (we have a bug where filtering on caches with the NM attribute in a PQ returns all caches that ever had that attribute applied), but in this case, the OP posted an Owner Maintenance log a short time ago and backdated it to when he actually performed the maintenance.

OMG! Really? Nothing personal but:

YAY!!!

Every little bit helps! Thank you LilyPad :D

If indeed cache owners are getting reminders of caches needing maintenance when submitting a new cache, it is assuredly a good thing!

The Frog Be Praised!

And there was much revelry, dancing in the streets, (and debauchery too!). B)