Screen for an external GPS

TOPONA

I know this one is quite unusual.

I am searching for a bluetooth enabled screen that can be paired with an external GPS unit.

Something similar to this (awesome) invention: http://getpebble.com/

The only problem with it (guess the possibilities! Coordinates on your wrist. Two hands free for searching and a quick flip of the wrist to check coordinates).

The only problem with it, I was saying, is that it pairs with an external android device.

I am searching for something - simpler than that power watch - that could pair with any external GPS bluetooth receiver, like this:

http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/products/products_content.jsp?pno=222

Are you aware of any of such devices?

Thanks!

If you have a smartphone is it possible to pair it with the watch to get gps coordinates? Could use the inbuilt gps or maybe one connected by bluetooth to the phone (like I already use as it's more accurate than the phone and saves on phone battery usage)

Yes I could and I do. But it won't last for a whole day. What I was searching for is an LCD screen that lasts way longer than the smartphone, so to be able to stay out in the wild for some days (at least a whole weekend!) and enjoying geocaching (and logging my track).

Thanks!

Edited by TOPONI

There is no battery powered LCD screen that lasts a whole weekend and with a BT connection even unthinkable, for now.

Maybe some of the the Epaper models have BT and can handle your data.

Thanks for your answers dudes.

When I wrote "LCD" I was quite generic actually. What I meant is not something like a smartphone LCD screen; rather one of these:

i20_Polar_CS500_cycle_computer.jpg

That's the kind of screen I'm looking for and that I'd love to pair with a powerful and long-lasting GPS bluetooth unit.

Thanks!