Compass pointer rather than blob on map

aB5dEglYeS5P

I have a phone with a magnetic compass. Google (et al.) use this to display my (well, the phone's) orientation on the map. Can this please be integrated into the [navigate to cache by map] and [view multiple caches on map] maps. (If there's a setting I've missed or a previous request my searching failed to find please feel free to advise...)

Edited by aB5dEglYeS5P

Can't help with phones, I know little of them.

BUT... can you be more specific for others, which phone, OS, app etc. That will help others that do!

There are many out there and the relationships have to be complex. I've examined a few 'in hand' and been able to solve some for people, but not without having any idea what I was dealing with at all. Most have similar settings / parameters to adjust as you suspect. But one needs to have the model etc.

edit: Just noticed what forum this was and re read. Google = Android and probably the GCapp .

Thought I was somewhere else at first. ha!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

When I use the Geocaching app on my iPhone it will spin the map around so that the direction I'm looking is always forward on the map. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I think I had to tap the little compass icon at the bottom left of the map so that it says "On". Is that there in the Android version?

When I use the Geocaching app on my iPhone it will spin the map around so that the direction I'm looking is always forward on the map. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I think I had to tap the little compass icon at the bottom left of the map so that it says "On". Is that there in the Android version?

Just had a look and no, this feature isn't on the android.

And this isn't what i meant anyway, although that would be better than nothing. I want to see a pointer on the map, pointing the direction i'm facing. C:geo used to do this, why can't GS's app?!

It would be nice to have that as an option, but I'm not sure why that would be better then having what you are looking at appear up on the map. I guess I'm use to that.

For me, i don't like the map spinnign around as i'm moving, it uses battery and makes me dizzy :blink:

This is what i'm talking about, the map doesn't move but the pointer moves in the direction you're facing when you rotate.

1151495090.jpg