I want to go caching.....today!

Hello to Uk cachers :) I hadnt noticed this local one, so this is great!

Me = rubbish on computers

keen to get out there asap

The story so far...........I have bought a Garmin Dakota 10, loaded easygps, created a PQ of local caches, don't know if I just have to press the "transfer to gps" option and all of them go? haven't added any maps (prob won't at the moment)

What else do I need to do?

HELP please, all I want is to be able to go out today! :)

The story so far...........I have bought a Garmin Dakota 10, loaded easygps, created a PQ of local caches, don't know if I just have to press the "transfer to gps" option and all of them go? haven't added any maps (prob won't at the moment)

I haven't got this model but I would guess that the answer is, 'yes'. Without maps to guide you en route, you would be wise to have at least some idea of where the caches are before you set off. This may help you in planning a route. Zooming right in on Streetmap (on the left hand side of each cache page)would give you an idea.

I'm not very techie and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along to help you further but I thought I better reply because you sounded so desperate to get out there. I hope I have advised you correctly.

Have fun.

I haven't got this model but I would guess that the answer is, 'yes'. Without maps to guide you en route, you would be wise to have at least some idea of where the caches are before you set off. This may help you in planning a route. Zooming right in on Streetmap (on the left hand side of each cache page)would give you an idea.

I'm not very techie and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along to help you further but I thought I better reply because you sounded so desperate to get out there. I hope I have advised you correctly.

Have fun.

Thanks, it has worked!! See you later :)