Dutch Wood Geocoin

swiss family perkins

If there is not a tracking number on it and not the words 'Trackable at www.geocaching.com' or similar then it generally is not a trackable item. Indeed a Dutch Wood Geocoin is a geocacher's signature item. It is a normal trading item and should be treated as such, so: trade equal, trade up or don't trade.

After that it's yours to keep and to do with it as you please. You can leave it in another cache, but it can also be the first signature item of your own collection of signature items.

As an example: my collection (not yet up-to-date) can be viewed here

Trackables are the only items in a cache you don't have to trade for. But if there is no tracking number and it doesn't say "track on Geocaching.com", or some such variant, it is not trackable and therefore it is a swag to be traded for. Here in the US we call wooden coins, wooden nickels, and they are simple wooden plugs that have been stamped with ink. I don't know about Dutch wooden coins so I couldn't tell you what value they carry.