<acronym> tag

LangeLaursen

I tried to include the following acronym tag in the HTML when creating a new challenge cache (still under review at the time of writing):

<ul>

<li>Find six caches of six different types in a <acronym title="European Union">EU</acronym> country. However caches in Denmark cannot be used to log this cache. (otherwise it would be too easy).</li>

<li>In your log you need to write links and cache types of the found caches.</li>

</ul>

During the creation of the home page it says that this tag is OK to use, however looking at the source afterwards, the acronym tag has been deleted? And of course does not show.

Anybody got an idea?

Best Rgeards

Henrik

Yes, I just tried it myself. This seems like a bug as neither of those tags render correctly, but if I go back and edit the listing, the HTML still appears in the field. I guess this needs to be posted as a bug. I just tried three other random tags--<center>, <h1>, and <marquee>--and those are working. Perhaps they did not correctly allow for <acronym> and <abbr>. Good find.

OK, thanks for trying. Really I was hoping to use this as a a mystery idea.

Best Regards

Henrik

You should be able to add a title attribute to just about any tag, but that actually seems to be the problem. I just tried using a <span> tag with a title attribute, and the tag gets stripped out. But, if I use a <span> tag with a style attribute, that shows up. I think this might be more an issue of not allowing the title attribute as well as issues with supporting some tags like <acronym>.

Not all HTML options are available for Geocache listings...I don't know the details of what is.

Why do you need the acronym tag anyway?

Why not just enter EU and be done?

If you use the old page for listing a cache and click the HTML check box just above the short description the list of acceptable tags pops up. acronym is on the list.

Not all HTML options are available for Geocache listings...I don't know the details of what is.

Why do you need the acronym tag anyway?

Why not just enter EU and be done?

If you use the old page for listing a cache and click the HTML check box just above the short description the list of acceptable tags pops up. acronym is on the list.

I looked it up for myself, and the tag gives a tooltip, just in case the reader doesn't know what the acronym means. Handy, but hardly necessary.

OK, so it's supposed to work, and it doesn't.

One more little thing broken on the site. I'm shocked. -_-

Next.