Explorist GC ---Can't input a "find or comment"

TheRockies322

I need somebody to help me. I am a beginner. I have an explorist GC. When I try to log "found" or make a comment..it just stays in "pending" mode. The comments are still in "pending mode" even after 2 weeks.

Therefore, I have to login to this website on the pc/cell to input my comments.

Anybody know what is going on? :(

TY

Jackie

TheRockies322

I think you are speaking of field notes, yes?

You need to upload them to the website (there is a link on your profile page to do that). Your unit needs to be plugged into the computer to do such. Your post almost seems like you are expecting the Explorist to transmit the log/find.... it's a receiver, not a transmitter (like a phone).

Sorry if I misunderstood what you are saying, but "Therefore, I have to login to this website on the pc/cell to input my comments", makes it sound as such. Yes, you do have to log in.

I think you are speaking of field notes, yes?

You need to upload them to the website (there is a link on your profile page to do that). Your unit needs to be plugged into the computer to do such. Your post almost seems like you are expecting the Explorist to transmit the log/find.... it's a receiver, not a transmitter (like a phone).

Sorry if I misunderstood what you are saying, but "Therefore, I have to login to this website on the pc/cell to input my comments", makes it sound as such. Yes, you do have to log in.

Wrong forum, and I hope the OP checks back here. No, I'm sure you've totally nailed what they're asking GG. It sounds funny to call someone GG, there's a well-known female cacher in my area we all call GG. :lol: Yep, all part of field notes, the Explorist certainly isn't going to send your logs to the website. I'd imagine if the Magellan communicator is set up on your account with Geocaching.com what is described above will work no problem. You can also do it with Magellan's Vantage Point Software on your computer. I have not done either though. You know why? The Explorist 310 and lower priced models have Joystick entry. I couldn't imagine even wanting to drop a "TFTC" log using Joystick entry. :P You have to go to at least the $300 Explorist 510 for a touch screen. Then heck yeah, I'd probably be logging half my caches from the field myself.

But it will definitely work with the ExploristGC. Good luck, and I hope you see this.

I need somebody to help me. I am a beginner. I have an explorist GC. When I try to log "found" or make a comment..it just stays in "pending" mode. The comments are still in "pending mode" even after 2 weeks.

Therefore, I have to login to this website on the pc/cell to input my comments.

Anybody know what is going on? :(

TY

Jackie

TheRockies322

Mine has never done that. Even when doing exactly as you say, but then again the first thing I did when I got it was install the new firmware from their site, perhaps that'll help?

I have an Explorist too, and everything that has been said is correct. It does not transmit because it does not connect to the Internet - unless it's plugged into your computer.

I learned the first week or so to mark a cache as "Found" on the Explorist just to keep up with what I've already done, but DON'T WRITE A LOG. Trying to do a log is NOT worth it because of that joystick and because I don't want to have to plug it into my computer every time. I usually have my phone with me on the trail and record my logs on it, or I wait and do it on my computer when I get home.