Email to SMS alerts via 02

I'm trying to set up instant notifications via email-to-sms on my O2 iPhone 3GS, using http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=184 as my guide. I went to the page they suggested for the email addresses associated, but the O2 one didn't give any result, and I've tried several others I've found online. None of them have sent a test sms through, has anyone set this up on O2 already who could give me some pointers?

Hey

Assuming that you are with O2 in the UK (from your finds!).....I use the service which I get free with O2 BroadBand - I don't have an O2 mobile - but I believe the process is the same.

The address format is your username@o2.co.uk - the wiki article link to from the GS page only seems to show a German O2 email gateway. Your user name is your O2 account name and NOT your O2 phone number.

So set up the new cache notification to go to your O2.co.uk email address and activate the service from your O2 account. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Broadband%29,T=Broadband_Case,CASE=24910 .

Of course you could probably just as easily set up a new email address just for new caches and set a specific notification tone - that would be pretty instant too!

Hope that helps.

Hey

Assuming that you are with O2 in the UK (from your finds!).....I use the service which I get free with O2 BroadBand - I don't have an O2 mobile - but I believe the process is the same.

The address format is your username@o2.co.uk - the wiki article link to from the GS page only seems to show a German O2 email gateway. Your user name is your O2 account name and NOT your O2 phone number.

So set up the new cache notification to go to your O2.co.uk email address and activate the service from your O2 account. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Broadband%29,T=Broadband_Case,CASE=24910 .

Of course you could probably just as easily set up a new email address just for new caches and set a specific notification tone - that would be pretty instant too!

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I found my user name in O2, seems though that you can only get the straight-up email to mobile service if you have their broadband, which seems unfair. Instead I subscribed to getting a text alert when an email from Geocaching comes to my webmail, only their rule page doesn't work, great stuff, O2! :P