Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dpilot2012

Retrieving my own travel bug

I placed my TB in a travel bug prison without knowing it since I am new to the game. It's been almost a month and it hasn't moved. Only one person visited the cache and did not even mention seeing it. Should I go back to the cache and retrieve it or is it too soon? The cache does say if you take a TB leave a TB.

I placed my TB in a travel bug prison without knowing it since I am new to the game. It's been almost a month and it hasn't moved. Only one person visited the cache and did not even mention seeing it. Should I go back to the cache and retrieve it or is it too soon?

Do you want to move it to another cache? You can do that. If it's a cache you've already logged as "found", you can drop the tb while posting a "write note" log.

You can do whatever you want with the tb, whenever you want, since it's your property.

Let's hope that it is still there for you to retrieve.

The cache does say if you take a TB leave a TB.

That's what makes it a tb prison. Ignore any such ludicrous directives. Liberate any tb's and coins that are trapped in these heinous prisons, and set them free in other caches.

Groundspeak should do something about these people who create traveller prisons. I'm hoping that the cache page was edited after being published, and the take one/leave one garbage wasn't on the cache page when the reviewer saw it.

Good luck with your tb.

B.

Just mosey on out and pick it up if you wish. A couple weeks more or less won't hurt. I figure most of my bugs move about once every three months whether they are sitting in a cache or in someone's hands. As for the trade restriction fortunately most ignore it.

If you want to place your bug in a cache that might give it a faster start, you go right ahead and pick it up. It's your bug.

We, not too long ago, had to 'liberate' one of ours that had sat for nine months -- over 750 miles away from home. Actually thought that it was probably taken and not logged, but nope, when we looked -- there she be! Just logged it out and took it to a popular cache about 50 miles further (and that cache was new to us!).

So it does happen occasionally. We were lucky as we go that way yearly, anyway.