Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you MAXPEDITION

Ok Mitch, I just emailed what we need and sent the Paypal. If anything is wrong or unavailable let me know. Not a rush.

I am really enjoying this Thermite. It is really comfortable and holds a lot. I even wore it the other day with the M1 on the belt to carry my Handspring Visor so my small binoculars and camera would both fit. icon_cool.gif

Hi Mitch,

Yes that is another Tan Single sheath in addition to the 1st one and one black single sheath.

My buddy that is getting the 2 tan sheaths uses a 3 liter Camelbak Thermobak in desert camo tan for trail running (is it really trail jogging?). There is no storage in that one. he is going to put the 2 tan single sheaths on the pack straps for a flashlight and a knife. He is also planning to wear that tan Thermite with a dog spray (pepper spray?) in one pocket and a Swiss Army knife in the other.

Sounds like a good combination. to me. My other buddy wants a CP-M in black if you have it. Let me know about when shipping might happen. No rush by me, but they are 'chomping at the bit' if you know what I mean. Let me know when I need to Paypal more. Peter icon_cool.gif

Kind of an off-topic question/gripe, but why do you disable right-clicking on your site? I constantly use right-clicking when I'm browsing products to go back and forth, and it's annoying as hell to have a javascript popup to tell me I can't.

If you're trying to prevent people from stealing pics or descriptions from the page, it's pretty futile to disable right-clicking since everything is already on the user's machine (or can be grabbed directly by looking at the page source and grabbing the image location).

Sorry for the rant, I just got frustrated with clicking "OK" umpteen times after trying to look at the products for sale.

I'm sorry, but there is much you can do with the right click, such as view source, with view source you can get all kinds of things from a website. I prefer to not have have my work taken, or images hijacked w/o my permission. I had to do some work on the images since they didn't have individual pics and I'm not inclined to let someone stroll in and "borrow" the images.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Maxpedition Hard Use Nylon Gear

Shegget, I don't see any need to make things any easier for someone than is necessary.

Rayt333, as they say in the south, "bless your heart". You probably won't understand that being from OH, but most of us in the south will.

This is as good as my wife will let me respond to your unsolicited comment. And having lived in OH myself, you don't have any idea how hard it is for me not to comment to any further. I would appreciate any further unsolicited comments be directed to me in a PM format, I would prefer not to make this thread into a flamefest. Thanks.

I do the best I can to give fast, credible service, I'm sorry that you feel the need to do this.

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Hey guys, what is this hacking 101?

Question about Maxpedition warranty. The Khaki Thermite has a problem. My buddy Rick was on a trail run at Rocky Point Trail (an infamous Simi Valley, CA hiking and dehydration area) and brushed against a large rock(size of an Humviee) with the Thermite. When he got home it was found that the leg tiedown had torn away from the top of the mesh where it attaches to the leg strap. Do you think I should email them a picture? The mesh seems less sturdy than that on the OD Thermite I wear. Let me know what you think, Peter

Geocachers do it with coordinates!

quote:
Originally posted by AGREATSCOT:

Not hardly. I am a potential customer who was giving feedback on my experience with the website, that's all. As I stated clearly, it was just my opinion that it made the site less user-friendly.

That doesn't mean it's a hard fact, and that the site must be changed immediately to meet my every whim and desire. I'm just stating that for myself (and probably others) it makes the site more of a pain to navigate.

I would think that to someone running a business, constructive feedback on the web site would be a valuable thing. I didn't say "this color sucks" or "the font on such and such page looks dumb"... it was a genuine usability issue for me when looking at products on the site.

I probably could (and should) have phrased my first post better rather than stating that it was "annoying as hell" but at that time, that's what exactly what was running through my head.

(I apologize for hijacking the thread and won't post anything more except product questions here.)

quote:
Originally posted by shegget:

quote:

Not hardly. I am a potential customer who was giving feedback on my experience with the website, that's all. As I stated clearly, it was just my opinion that it made the site less user-friendly.

I see your point Sheggert, I noticed that too when I first went to the site. I then went to the Maxpedition.com site and downloaded the PDF catalog. Perhaps TnRonin might consider the 'property of' tags that people have added to prevent unauthorized use. A pain to setup though.

Shegget, I do appreciate the feedback. I didn't really take offense at what was said by you. I have seen, and do know of instances where a webmaster will take someone else's work, and use it to their advantage. If you notice on the MAXPEDITON site there are no individual images, I had to cull out all of the images from a larger image. While this is not a herculean feat (not something that requires a genius), it did take some time. I would rather not let some person come in and merely right click and save my work on their pc. I didn't think that not allowing a right click function would be a big deal. This is the first time I've heard this complaint. It's not saying that people don't have a problem with it, it's just you are the first to bring it to my attention. If it causes you a problem, I apologize for that. The site IMHO is navigatable, and quite easily to boot. You only drill in one layer from the main products page to look at a particular item. All the viewer has to do is backspace once and you are back on the main products page. That is pretty simple IMHO. I can certainly understand a person trying to ring out the maximum performance from their PC, but clicking the backspace button on the keyboard, versus right clicking is approximately a 1 sec difference in time, maybe less once you get used to doing that.

I certainly hope that this does not drive you away from considering the MAXPEDTION gear. Heck, if you don't want to buy from me, go to their site, they have a listing of dealers who would be happy to sell the gear to ya. Personally, I take my customer service personally and go out of my way to help make the deal work. If you try the gear, I'm certain you will like it! Thanks for your interest!

Mitchell

Upper Cumberland Chapter

quote:

Question about Maxpedition warranty. The Khaki Thermite has a problem. My buddy Rick was on a trail run at Rocky Point Trail (an infamous Simi Valley, CA hiking and dehydration area) and brushed against a large rock(size of an Humviee) with the Thermite. When he got home it was found that the leg tiedown had torn away from the top of the mesh where it attaches to the leg strap.

Oh boy, here I go quoting myself. What is that 'a legend in my own mind' LOL. Anyway,

I talked to Rick today. He decided to fix it himself after I forwarded this to him. He liked your idea to glue it since the material pulled loose from the glued/sewn area. He said he has been on 2 street runs without using the leg strap and it works fine. He thought the CD player might skip without it, but it was fine. He doesn't want to give it up. I told him to stay away from Humviee sized bolders! It is an example of how tough this gear is that the CD player is in one piece! Thanks for your followup.

TNRonin Here goes the pro95 6 3/16x2 7/16x1 3/4 the vx5r 2.3x3.4x1.1 the Th G71 2.3x4.5x1.3 the merigreen 6.5x2.9x1.3 map 330 6.2x2.0x1.3 and 1 cell phone 1.84x5.2x1.2.

the vx5r and thg71 will be used with spkr mics for ham radio communications. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Leemann

Captain gps needs batteries got any?. Hows the Enterprise

sposed to navigate way out here with out em?

Hi Leemann,

I think I can answer your question about the Nokia. I bought a CP-M for my Startac and love it. A friend bought one for his Nokia after he saw mine and has worn it since. I do not know what model his is but it is medium size. This is a picture of my Startac horizontal on the belt:

1060096965797_P8200065.JPG

This is how I wear it on my Camelbak:

1061113554213_P8200125.JPG

It adjusts really well to different belts and pack straps. I hope this helps, I know TNRonin can be real busy with teaching and his other job.

I have 2 of the CP-L on order, 1 for my GPSr and one for a friend for his Sportrack Color.

Can't wait! Take care, Peter AKA Agreatscot

Originally posted by Leemann:

.. the gear is for my Geocaching emergency communications 72 hr survival kit/pack I'm getting together.

This may not be the right thread, but how about listing the contents of this kit. Also, do you have variations for winter, summer, desert, mountains. Thanks, Peter

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on October 26, 2003 at 07:56 AM.]

Agreatscot No problemo first aid kit (Adventure medical Day tripper) survival kit in a bag (Coglans) Compass Flares flashlight strobe candles lite sticks (cyalume) 550 cord clipboard (aluminum job for 5x8 note pads) gps phone sw radio antennas ham radios space blanket matches magnesium fire starter water treatment do not have tube tent yet batteries for all electronics fishing supplies sas survival guide (John weisman pocket gem) plant book whats edible and what to avoid or you croak plants survival cards head lamp.

This has been a work in progress for over 3 years off and on. All season kit use clothing needed for the season. Food mre freeze dried ect for 3 days.

Thanks for asking. And this was covered in what do you carry in your pack threads.

Leemann

Captain gps needs batteries got any?. Hows the Enterprise

sposed to navigate way out here with out em?

quote:
Originally posted by megus:

COOL. I MIGHT GET THE THING THAT HOLDS THE CELL PHONE.

Hi Megus. Do it, get one. It is the best cell phone holder I have used. I like the horizontal carry but others I tried would break the antenna. The CP-M allows you to adjust it in all directions. So when I bend over my 'bellius magnumus' won't break the antenna, LOL!

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on October 28, 2003 at 10:26 AM.]

Hi TNRonin,

I was just browsing the forum and noticed your post. I went to your website and really like your products. I really like the Thermite and the Fatboy but am undecided right now which on to get. I like the waist/leg strap of the Thermite but am thinking of the space provided for my stuff by the Fatboy but really don't like that it's just a shoulder strap. I called a friend of mine who I am just introducing to Geocaching and informed him of your site and that the products offered are like a necessity when Geocaching. He went and order the Thermite right away so no I can see his and find out if I can carry all my Geocache belongings in it. I really hope so because I rather have the Thermite. Now I know what to tell the wife what I want for my upcoming birthday. icon_cool.gif

CacheClan

Hi TNRonin,

I was just browsing the forum and noticed your post. I went to your website and really like your products. I really like the Thermite and the Fatboy but am undecided right now which on to get. I like the waist/leg strap of the Thermite but am thinking of the space provided for my stuff by the Fatboy but really don't like that it's just a shoulder strap. I called a friend of mine who I am just introducing to Geocaching and informed him of your site and that the products offered are like a necessity when Geocaching. He went and order the Thermite right away so no I can see his and find out if I can carry all my Geocache belongings in it. I really hope so because I rather have the Thermite. Now I know what to tell the wife what I want for my upcoming birthday. icon_cool.gif

CacheClan

I apologize for not responding sooner. I can't respond from school and family stuff has kept me tied up in the eves.

Peter, thanks for posting the pics!

The cp-m is an awesome cell phone holder and the cp-l will be a good one for my sportrac me thinks.

I've got a large order of stuffage coming in shortly so I can do the back order for you peter and fill pretty much immediately for others. It's like Christmas is coming! LOL

Cachclan. I think you will like/prefer the Thermite. If your buddy is the same one that ordered the thermite and fatboy, you will have something to compare them to. HTH.

Upper Cumberland Chapter

quote:
Originally posted by CacheClan:

I really like the Thermite and the Fatboy but am undecided right now which on to get. I like the waist/leg strap of the Thermite but am thinking of the space provided for my stuff by the Fatboy but really don't like that it's just a shoulder strap.

Hi Cacheclan,

Thought I would give you my 2 cents worth. I bought a Thermite a couple monthe ago and love it, I thought about the Fatboy but see two problems for me. One, I am left handed and it is really designed for right handed people. Two, over the shoulder bags will move around you when you bend over or reach for something.

I love the Thermite, it is really great to wear and stays where it belongs. I use a colortrak and sometimes a Handspring Visor with a GPSr module. There is plenty of room for these plus gloves, compass, pens, note pad, swiss army knife,surefire flashlight, lighter, and printouts. I only use the leg tie down when going to rugged terrain, most often it is not needed.

A friend of mine also got one for trail running and another friend has one on order.

Now, I do wish that Maxpedition would make a Thermite 'Magnum' that is big enough for all that and my digital camera. Now I keep the camera in my Camelbak so it is no problem.

Good luck, Peter AKA Agreatscot

Hi Mitch,

No, this is a new DC Proteus but now my buddy wants to get the DC Thermite first. So please keep the DC Thermite coming and wait on the DC Proteus. I bet when he sees my OD Proteus he will want it ASAP. Sorry about all the confusion. Did you get my Paypal today OK? Thanks for the great support, Peter

Hi Mitch,

One more thing. I was visiting the friend of mine that bought the black CP-M. We were wondering if my Cammenga Lensatic compass would fit in it. I do not like the cases these compass come in, you know, with the single Alice clip. Too loose, hard to open, and clumsey to attach.

So we decided to try it in the CP-M. With a little adjusting it was perfect! Very secure, easy to pull out and easy to attach to my pack strap where I like it.

I was going to shoot a picture or two and post it but I left it at his house! I will post tomorrow. Take it easy, Peter

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on November 06, 2003 at 09:53 PM.]

Peter, a tightly packed box will be headed your way tomorrow. Here is the image of the CP-L with my Sportrak. This thing is VERY well made!

I hadn't thought about the compass set up. I have an old GI compass that I can use this for. I need to get me another CP-M, I had the last one bought out literally off my belt at the last show. cplanimated.gif

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Ok, let's try this again....

Peter, I have a tightly packed box headed your way tomorrow! Wohooooo

Here is an animated .gif with the CP-L and my sportrak. That is a good idea for the compass, I have a military compass that might be finding a home. I had my last CP-M literally bought off my hip at the last show.

http://tnrdgrnr.com/maxpedition/images/cplanimated.gif

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Here is an animated .gif with the CP-L and my sportrak. That is a good idea for the compass, I have a military compass that might be finding a home. I had my last CP-M literally bought off my hip at the last show.

http://tnrdgrnr.com/maxpedition/images/cplanimated.gif

Upper Cumberland Chapter

quote:
Originally posted by TNRonin:

Here is an animated .gif with the CP-L and my sportrak.

WoooHooo is right, can't wait for that box! The gif looks great, guess I will have to get 'HTML for Dummies'and learn that stuff. LOL!!

Thanks, Peter

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on November 08, 2003 at 04:19 PM.]