Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you MAXPEDITION

I have established myself as an authorized dealer for this gear. When I saw it, I thought to myself, geocaching! I've just started out in this stuff and already I have seen the need for organization and durability. For the past couple days straight I have been working on the site. I have set up a shopping cart, unfortunately it is with paypal. I will be setting up a paybycheck (electronic check NO CREDIT CARD so be patient. I will also accept M.O.s. Personally I prefer the paybycheck because it charges less than $2/transaction regardless of the amount.

Please take a look at the gear, I think you will agree, this stuff is going to be some tough useful stuff. Other colors will be coming out as production progresses.

You feedback on the site, any typos (I'm sure there are a few), dead or broken links etc....

This site is in development and will be a living document which will be updated constantly.

I have apirations of getting connected with a friend who has an embroidory machine, she can do patches etc, so we may see some custom needle work (initials, name, etc..) shortly as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Hard Use Nylon Gear!

animatedbanner.gif

yes it is definately larger. Here is an animated .gif of my Thermite that I have on another board. This will give you an idea on what can be put in. thermiteanimated.gif

That FatBoy is calling my name though. One thing I hate is that I have this gear here and I want it all.

I thought the CP-M would be capable of holding the sportrak, but it is a tad too small, so I have to get a CP-L for that job.

quote:
I like the looks of that Fat Boy!!

It looks like there is space for two GPS/Cell phone.

Yes, easily!

Maxpedition Hard Use Nylon Gear

I just got one of the M-1 waist packs from TNRonin. I cant wait to try it out!

I have been playing with it and think I may have finally found all the pockets this thing has on it. Lots of spaces and pockets for this and that. I found that I can stick my GPS, cell phone, notepad, a couple pens and pencils, spare batteries, and my wallet in there with some room to spare. If only I had a palm to put in there.....

I can see where these would be great for urban caching. If you dont want to walk around the downtown area with a daypack on, you could have this on your waist and blend in perfectly with all your caching stuff readily available.

Stitching looks good and the nylon is the good hard core stuff. I will take it out with me this week and beat it up some to see if it is as good as it looks.

I will try some urban caches by itself as well as using it with my pack to keep the important stuff handy without having to take my pack on and off all the time on the trail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

I have been trying out the M1 Waist Pack for the last few days.

I like it. For those of us who wear belts, this little pack is a perfect fit. It has adjustable belt loops so it can fit on most any size belt, including wide backpack belts and straps.

I decided to do some caching using nothing but the M1. There are 2 main compartments and numerous pockets for storage. I was able to fit my cell phone and GPS in one compartment and a notepad, pen, pencil, pocket knife, and digital camera in the other. My drivers license and some cash fit easily in the outside zipper pocket.

The M1 is made of tough, high grade nylon. The stitching is good quality and should last a long time. One compartment closes with heavy duty zippers and the other by a flap that secures to the front of the pack with both a large velcro closure as well as a snap and lock style clip. The zippers are the heavy duty kind with large grips that can be opened while wearing gloves.

I set out on my day of caching at a local park. A new cache had been placed overnight and I wanted to be the first finder. The cache page warned of slick trails in spots and I learned the hard way the warning should be heeded. I fell down a clay covered trail, getting the M1 all nice and muddy. The M1 is treated with Teflon and most of the mud came off with some brushing. Wish I could say the same thing for my jeans.

I found a couple other caches (micros) before heading home for some lunch. While at home I emptied the M1 and gave it a rinse in the sink to get out the remianing mud from my slide down the trail. Cleanup was a breeze and a few minutes hanging in the sun had it dry and ready for action. No sign of damage to the M1 at all.

For my afternoon caches I would try the M1 with my daypack. I tried both having the M1 on my daypack belt as well as leaving it on my jeans belt.

I found that while on my daypack belt it would ride to the front due to the way I wear my pack. A strap keeper would cure this, but I did not have any with me. I put the pack back on my jeans belt and it stayed in place without interfering with my daypack. I was able to keep all my electronics close, yet out of the way within the M1. Before this I had things stuck on the shoulder straps or in the pockets of my daypack. Would be a pain of having things fall off in the brush or having to take the pack off if I needed my phone or camera. Not so with the M1. I did some hiking on trail as well as some off trail adventuring. The M1 stayed put by my side. No worries about things falling out with the snap and lock holding it all in place. No more worries about things falling off while in the brush.

I found a total of eight caches in two days using the M-. Both by itself and with a daypack it preformed well. It is small enough to not get in the way, yet has enough storage space to carry a lot in a small area.

The M1 is very handy for micro cache hunting in urban areas. All you would need can be carried in the M1 and you blend in with everyone else.

For a supplement to a day pack the M1 is very handy as well. It keeps all the stuff you use often at hand, yet protected from the elements. Your things are held secure with no worries of that cell phone getting knocked off by a branch.

My only problem with the M1 was how it rode down to the front when I put it on my daypack belt. This could be solved with a strap keeper very easily. Some hikers like having things on the front and this would not be an issue with them. It is a personal comfort issue.

In all I must say that I am happy with this little waist pack. I will continue to use it both for Geocaching as well as every day use. With the good workmanship and heavy duty materials, it should last a long time. For the price of $21.99 it is very affordable and well worth the money.

So, if you are looking for a high quality waist pack that will attach to your belt, ckeck out The M1 Waist Pack. It is worth it.

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

I hit at an angle, so the pack took some of the blow but not full force. My cell phone and camera are not damaged from the fall. GPS was in my hand and went flying into the brush.

I may pick up one of those Thermite ones later to use when I am in shorts or without a belt.

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

[This message was edited by Bilder on August 01, 2003 at 10:41 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bilder on August 01, 2003 at 10:44 PM.]

Hey Ronin,

This stuff looks great. I need 2 things:

1. Startac phone, what do you recommend.

2. A second one for a small (not sure yet which one) GPS and my Handspring GPS.

I saw a couple items on their site that you do not carry yet, can you get them easily?

Thanks again, Agreatscot

Hi Ronin,

The other items are:

Single Sheath in green #1411

Pug Wallet in green #0204 or

Rat Wallet in green #0203

The sheath seems perfect for my surefire E2E and the wallets seems a secure carry with cellphone and compass. Yes, I backup my GPS with a compass (Silva ranger)

Thanks, Agreatscot

PS will I get 25% off If I do an eval on these??

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on August 05, 2003 at 11:24 AM.]

Sorry bout not having all the stuff on the site, I'm in the process of getting everything listed. I can get you everything they sell.

Doing the coding on these pages gets pretty tedious and I need the quiet time to do them. I'm starting teaching right now, and things are slightly hectic.

Yes, you can have the 25% off if you do an eval on each of the items individually. (You didn't think I would let you off that easily did ya. icon_biggrin.gif ).

I have your contact information I believe. Shoot me an email with your shipping data so I can get you a total. TIA

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Now that I can sit down and work on this question...

quote:
Originally posted by AGREATSCOT:

I need 2 things:

I would say the cp-m.

quote:

Are you wanting to carry both at the same time in one container? If that is what you want, the M-1 would be a good one.

Individually, a small GPS gecko could easily fit in a cp-m, or a cp-s. A sportrak or meridian size will have to go in a cp-l. I have the sportrak and it just won't go in a cp-m. And I know the Meridian is larger.

With regards to the handspring by itself, there are no pouches it would work with. I don't think the cp-l will get large enough. I don't have one in my hands either the handspring or the cp-l, but the width of the handspring is the issue IMHO.

I will get the item totals emailed to you shortly. I still need the shipping data so I can accurately calc the total on the order. Thanks.

Mitch

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Thank you very much. I just emailed my shipping and payment information for the CP-M in OD green and the M-1 in OD green.

I really look forward to using these with my Camelbak OD green Motherlode on my next quest.

I will be happy to review these for you. I have a Point Magu wilderness hike coming up and they will be real handy.

Take care, Agreatscot

quote:
Originally posted by TNRonin:

Now that I can sit down and work on this question...

quote:

I need 2 things:

I would say the cp-m.

quote:

Are you wanting to carry both at the same time in one container? If that is what you want, the M-1 would be a good one.

Individually, a small GPS gecko could easily fit in a cp-m, or a cp-s. A sportrak or meridian size will have to go in a cp-l. I have the sportrak and it just won't go in a cp-m. And I know the Meridian is larger.

With regards to the handspring by itself, there are no pouches it would work with. I don't think the cp-l will get large enough. I don't have one in my hands either the handspring or the cp-l, but the width of the handspring is the issue IMHO.

I will get the item totals emailed to you shortly. I still need the shipping data so I can accurately calc the total on the order. Thanks.

Mitch

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=2416058331&m=31860837&r=31860837#31860837

http://www.tnrdgrnr.com/maxpedition

Package arrived on Saturday! Fantastic! I have been wearing the CP-M with my Startac cell phone ever since. First,I wore it on my belt, then on the strap for my fanny pack, and on the strap for my Camelbak for a fitness walk. I am really pleased by the quality of construction and materials. I am also impressed by how it adjusts to get a perfect fit and converts (by realigning the heavy duty Velcro straps) from a horizontal carry on my belt or fanny pack to a vertical carry on my pack strap.

I have tried other horizontal carry cases for my Startac and the antenna was always in harms way. With the CP-M I am able to lengthen the space to protect the antenna. It is excellent!

Due to schedule 'challenges,' I have not well tested the M-1 yet so I will do a later post about it. There is one problem with it so far, my wife seems ready to adopt it for her use and told me to 'get my own.' I think I will not argue with her (not a wise thing to do, she is part Irish) and order another one, maybe I will get an M-4.

Thanks for the great service and shipping,

Agreatscot

Agreatscot, I am happy you like it on two fronts. 1.) I take pride in my service because I know what it is like to get crappy service and don't want to do that to others. 2.) This is some good gear! I have more coming in, specifically an M4 on route as well. I didn't get one of these on the first order. I should be able to review it shortly. I'm curious as to how big it really is and how well it will work on a belt, or pack (I have a condor coming in).

Thanks again!

Mitch

Upper Cumberland Chapter

TNRONIN,

The items I have are the CPM and the M1. I am using the CPM nearly all the time with my Startac. Here are a couple pictures:

A>

Have to show off the buckle:

1062714444358_P8200060.JPG

Here are a couple on my Camelbak Motherlode strap:

1062958800755_1059449287273_P8200121.JPG

http://images.andale.com/f2/105/129/6328349/1061113554213_P8200125.JPG

This is a terrific case for the Startac. I mostly wear it horizontal position except when wearing a fannypack. I will review the M1 after my Point Magu wilderness hike next month.

Thanks again, Peter aka Agreatscot

Ok here goes:

M4 in OD

Single Sheath, quantity 2 in OD

Rat Wallet in OD

That is it for now, email me the total and I will use Paypal.

I am thinking about the Thermite Versipack as a future buy but have a couple questions.

I am left handed and will the Verispack work OK on the left side. Is it designed to attach to packs like the M1 and M4.

Thanks again, Peter AKA Agreatscot

quote:

M4 in OD

Rat Wallet in OD

Got it, will add to the next order. I'll email the total for you to paypal.

I am thinking about the Thermite Versipack as a future buy but have a couple questions.

I am left handed and will the Verispack work OK on the left side.

Yes it will work left handed. The buckle portion will be to the rear, but all the other control are the same.

Is it designed to attach to packs like the M1 and M4?

No, sorry. Though you can piggy back IT to the back of the Condor. And the M1 and M4 can be attached to the Thermite belt, though it might get somewhat crowded if it is done all at once.

HTH

Upper Cumberland Chapter

quote:

M4 in OD

Rat Wallet in OD

_Got it, will add to the next order. I'll email the total for you to paypal._

I am left handed and will the Verispack work OK on the left side.

_Yes it will work left handed. The buckle portion will be to the rear, but all the other control are the same._

OK Mitch, I am sold. I will take a Thermite Versipack, In OD green. Hope this makes your order for Monday(or are they closed for Labor Day?) I am going to try some Benchmark Hunting in this area. There are several interesting benchmarks within a few miles from here. Have a good weekend. Peter

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on August 29, 2003 at 11:58 PM.]

Peter, I have you stuff on order, (OD Thermite, and two single sheaths), the Rat wallet is on B.O. The three other items will ship on Tuesday to me with the main order. They have been forced to push back the new order to Mid-Sept. I'm kinda miffed since I have based much marketing/sales on the other date range. Dang it. I guess this is a good business lesson huh.

Upper Cumberland Chapter

Just got back from the gun show. Sold everthing except one M4, two M2s and the condor, which was there for demo only. I don't want to give that bugger up! ]

Mitch,

Have you had a chance to put a Camelbak hydration bladder in the Condor? I am curious how it works. Thanks Agreatscot

Hey MtnLion, do you like the Fatboy?

Peter I am shipping your order tomorrow after school.

I've got an extra camo Thermite if anyone is interested, I screwed up an order and got that instead of a camo Fatboy. The Large and small CP carriers are coming in this week also.

I have some double pistol mag holders, some CP-Ms (pic above), I have a khaki fatboy, and a NB (really looks black to me) Fatboy. I also have a khaki Thermite if anyone is interested. Got me a MPB and this thing rocks! One disadvantage of selling the gear is I spend any profit on new items for myself.

I'm an international shipper now, one order going to Japan, and one to England! Too kewl!

Upper Cumberland Chapter

LOL, I have seen that expression. Anytime I gripe about antiques and collectables she brings up computer gear, books, knives, multitools, magazines, Camelbaks, guns, flash lights, compasses, hiking gear, GPS, Maxpedition, and Geocaching! Then I quickly change the subject. LOL.

She still 'borrows' the M1 whenever she wants.

Hey Mitch,

The Thermite and the single mag holders have arrived! That was quick shipping. This Thermite is going to be really useful. I already loaded it with my Magellan GPSr and Silva Ranger in the main pocket, Handspring Prism in the front with a notepad and pen/stylus combo, Flashlight (surefire E2E) in one side pocket and my Al Mar Sere 2000 folder in the other side pocket. There is still plenty of room for other gear in the main pocket and the back pocket. Now I will not have so much stuff in my pockets.

One of the single mag holders is now attached to my Camelbak strap with a large Swiss army knife. Very secure and handy. I am using the other mag holder on my belt for my flashlight and it works great with the horizontal attachments.

Now I can't wait for the Point Magu hike coming up at the end of the month. It will be a good field test for this gear.

Thanks again, Peter

Mitch,

I have had a chance to really break in the FatBoy Versipack I got from you this weekend on a 5/5 cache called "Tube Torcher". It requires climbing in corn silos and crawling/climbing/walking through many many meters of sewer systems.

The pack worked great. It was small enough and sat snugly enough that it didn't get in the way when crawling through the sewers, and it is great for carrying everything I needed. I had in it: a headlamp, work gloves, GPS, cellphone, sunglasses case, wetwipes, compass, cache worksheets, two pens, snacks, lightstick, trading goodies, extra batteries. I had to carry my kneepads and a lantern, but that was fine. If I had had a larger pack, I wouldn't have fit in the sewer!

I've sewed the Geocaching.com logo patch onto the outer flap on top, and I'm ready to go. I can tell that this pack will not wear out before I do...

Anyway, thanks for bringing Maxpedition gear into our community. It is definately as advertised-an excellent bargain.

Mtnlion

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain." -Mark Twain

Originally posted by MtnLion:

I have had a chance to really break in the FatBoy Versipack I got from you this weekend on a 5/5 cache called "Tube Torcher"....

Hey MtnLion,

Congratulations on the 5/5. I read the page on that one after you emailed and that one seems off the scale!

I have a question, how do you think the Fatboy would work for a digital camera (Olympus C-3020). I have a Thermite Versipack that is fine for my gear and I have ordered a M-4 for my camera. A friend of mine is thinking about the Fatboy for both. He has a Magellan Meridian and same camera. Agreatscot

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on September 17, 2003 at 09:10 AM.]

Hello Mitch,

When do you think that next order will ship, I may have a couple items to add for 2 buddies of mine. One M1 in black and maybe another Thermite.

And by the way, I nailed my first solo cache this morning. In August I went with friends as they did some caches but did not log them since I just followed.

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on September 21, 2003 at 09:09 AM.]