How to find caches using a city name

Jbird and Zip

In the earlier version, Search from the Map brought me to Google Maps. I could enter the name of a city or geographic formation and go right to that area. Now, searching from the map takes me to a large map of my home area, but there's no place to enter the name of a different city. I don't always know postal codes of areas I'm going to visit, so that's a pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Now, searching from the map takes me to a large map of my home area, but there's no place to enter the name of a different city.

This makes it sound like you have the sidebar closed on the map. If it's closed, there will be a thin grey bar on the far left side of the map, with a little arrow in the middle. If you click this bar, the sidebar will expand back out and a search field should be available (along with other handy features).

A couple ways. Right on the front page enter the name,state of the city in the search box. Under the Play menu on the Find and Seek a cache enter the city, state in the by address box.

This is what I use. You can make it more specific by adding some park or neighborhood as well as the city. For example: Discovery Park, Seattle, Washington.