We kind of outsmarted some punk muggler!

We had a large cache out and a member called rain of terror thought it was funny to write in the cache and then pee in it! We archived it as others had done because of him in the area. Later my daughter PinkNinja was not cool with letting him win and came up with a Idea! We replaced it with a new toilet seat with permanent markers for cachers to sign. We figured he would destroy it or take it. Today someone found it with a note under the lid. Seems he liked it as he didn't destroy it and I don't think he peed in it or the note would be wet. It feels like a win in our books. We think we came up with something creative that made him take the time to write a long note and then leave the cache alone.

Hope I blurred out the bad words enough otherwise I apologize and can do better.

-WarNinjas

pee.jpg

Sorry to be the one, but

Caches need to have containers.

I'm sure a reviewer/moderator will be along soon to confirm that.

So you have some strict definition of a "container" and try to enforce it to the point of taking the joy and fun out of a novel idea?

Looks like it has a lid, the log was dry, and it had a writing utensil in it (something I WISH was a requirement). Better than half the caches I've found.

Sorry to be the one, but

Looks like it contains things to me.

While it is gross and not cool to do what this guy did....the name "Rain of Terror" did get a chuckle out of me.

Yeah, I also find it funny that yellow was used to censor.

I'd report it to the police, this person needs some serious help before he/she goes out and starts killing people.

Reporting to the police that this person wrote on a piece of paper is going to get him the sort of help that will prevent him from killing people? :unsure:

OK.

Sorry to be the one, but

So you have some strict definition of a "container" and try to enforce it to the point of taking the joy and fun out of a novel idea?

Looks like it has a lid, the log was dry, and it had a writing utensil in it (something I WISH was a requirement). Better than half the caches I've found.

I'm not trying to enforce anything, just re-stating what is there in the guidelines.

While I DO see the humor in signing a toilet seat tossed in the bushes (especially considering the circumstances), this is not a 'novel' idea.

If you decide to visit Mesa, AZ you can claim smilies by signing a couple of utility poles and landscaping tree supports. Is that what you want the game to degenerate into?

Obviously a kid, or kids, I wouldn't read too much into the Nazi stuff, and say that he needs help or anything. Now if he's doing that when he's like 20 years old or something, yeah, get some help. :unsure:

Muggles by the way, not Mugglers. I'll bet half the Geocaching community doesn't know the whole Harry Potter connection. I of course am a geek who has read every book, and seen every movie. A fact I don't usually admit publicly, so there you go. :lol:

Obviously a kid, or kids, I wouldn't read too much into the Nazi stuff, and say that he needs help or anything. Now if he's doing that when he's like 20 years old or something, yeah, get some help. :unsure:

Muggles by the way, not Mugglers. I'll bet half the Geocaching community doesn't know the whole Harry Potter connection. I of course am a geek who has read every book, and seen every movie. A fact I don't usually admit publicly, so there you go. :lol:

We are in our 60's and we are HUGE Harry Potter fans. We named our dog Muggles. Our Potter-fan friends think they know where it came from and our caching friends think they know. They are both right because she is non-magical and doesn't cache.

Okay, back on topic now.

I thought about gluing a blinkie inside but any container and the kid would have for sure peed in it. That is his thing. We understand containers and like that fact and that is why it was a large until this kid came around. This is only for special circumstances and not the container we would normally go with.

Thanks for clearing that muggles thing up! I have never actually watched harry potter but knew that was what it was from. Here we always make fun of people who log muffles. We are so used to calling them mugglers we might still mess it up.

-WarNinjas

Haven't thought that far ahead. If it is not allowed then we will switch it back but I think the kid goes by there and might find it funny to violate it again. We would probibly prefer to leave it as it is if possible but will switch it if needed.

-WarNinjas

Glue the seat to a 5 gallon bucket lid.

Rig the bucket with a solar electric fence.

Attach the log so no one has to put their hands in the bucket.

That'll learn 'im.

Initially I thought he might cross yours off his list now that he has found it. Then I thought he might decided to bring all his wacko friends back to see it too, so maybe you should leave it in place a while longer and keep a close eye on it just in case they do some damage to it.

We once found a cache that someone peed in. No note about it, and no damage to any other caches in the neighbourhood, but we still don't understand why someone would do that. Are some human beings still that primitive?

(I just had a flashback... slightly off-topic... many years ago we were moving into a new townhouse and when we arrived with our truck of stuff we discovered that the previous tenants were still moving out. Turns out they had been evicted and were not happy about leaving. When we finally entered the house, we found they had scribbled graffiti on all the walls, sprayed whipped cream in all the baseboard heaters and cranked them up full AND pooped on the floor in the master bedroom. These were adults with children. Some people are primitive.)

Yea some people are crazy. This kid did poop in the cache but I thought I would leave that part out. Brings it to a whole new level of crazy.

-WarNinjas

It doesn't seem to me you outsmarted anyone. Seems like you placed a cache and your local hooligan defiled it. :mad:

Muggles by the way, not Mugglers.

+1

Well, I was nice about it! :P Around 2006 or so, a guy in my area, who was known for minimal cache pages, told seekers to watch out for Muggers. Yes, he changed it after the first couple finders, and even locals who hadn't looked for it yet, corrected him.

+1

Well, I was nice about it! :P Around 2006 or so, a guy in my area, who was known for minimal cache pages, told seekers to watch out for Muggers. Yes, he changed it after the first couple finders, and even locals who hadn't looked for it yet, corrected him.

Well, you have to admit that it would not be nice to get mugged on the way to a cache.

+1

I say mug and mugged, they work and it is not because I don't know it is because I refuse.

where is the list of OK and NOT ok words to use in this forum ?

I see plenty of people use idiot when they talk about others,

and that is perfectly ok,

I used another word once starting with a letter comming after E and endning with K

there are four letters in the word,

That word must NEWER be used in this forum, not directly or indirectly

or even spelled wrong, since what I did was not spelling it right,

I did not talk about a person, but about a thing some people do, we dont like.

I got a warning from site moderators

about how they will shut me down if I ever do it again.

So you be warned.

I used another word once starting with a letter comming after E and endning with K

So you be warned.

You should newer call somebody an Ewok.

So you be warned.

You should newer call somebody an Ewok.

Very true. That might just put them into a funk.

So you be warned.

You should never call somebody an Ewok.

:laughing::lol::laughing::lol::laughing::lol::laughing:

Edited by steben6
Put a camera inside the cache that stores images remotely. If you put his "peeture" on the internet I doubt he would be very happy.

Depending on the age of the finder, couldn't that be illegal?

Setting up a camera inside a cache container to take pictures of a finder is not feasible and could upset the people who find the cache in the meantime. Setting up a camera in a tree to capture vandals is much more effective, although you may need multiple cameras to achieve the correct angle.

Sorry to be the one, but

They have rewritten the guidelines to clarify this. Quoted from Section II subsection 3 first point.

Cache containers include a logsheet or logbook. For all physical caches, there must be a logbook, scroll or other type of log for geocachers to record their visit.

The valid point here that covers this original poster's cache is "other type of log".

I am not a reviewer however I do teach a How to Hide class from time to time and I have discussed this point with one of our reviewers to verify my take on things.

Cache containers include a logsheet or logbook. For all physical caches, there must be a logbook, scroll or other type of log for geocachers to record their visit.

The valid point here that covers this original poster's cache is "other type of log".

Only to slightly derail the topic, but doesn't the above quote imply 'something' (the log) inside of 'something else' (the container)?

There was a minor flap around here over the magnetic sheet type of cache not actually having a true container and a true logsheet...yet to come is the flap over some 'sign this utility pole' caches. :ph34r:

Now, back to our discussion of how to outsmart adolescents with poor control of their bodily functions. ;)

sign this utility pole' caches

We would never do that as it would be vandalizing something that belongs to someone else. This is a cache we placed and could easily remove with no harm to the area and there is something to log there visit. We did archive it but didn't want this kid to win and keep vandalizing everyone elses caches in the area.

The worst part of it all is our log was a T-shirt signed by many cachers. Of course he opened the bag and peed on that as well. We even went on and set out larges with hats, shoes, pants, socks ect. to make a whole outfit my daughter could wear to a event all signed by cachers. We thought it was really cool and they were signed really well. Now we have to start over with the main part...the shirt.

-WarNinjas