Make a map of tracks

sansone

After reading the forums for several hours still haven't found my answer on how I might map my tracks. Just recently mounted my eTrex H on my dirt bike to make caching a bit easier on the trails. One of the neat features is the use of tracks. It draws my route on my screen as I ride. I'd like to be able to overlay this on a map when I get home. I have a paid version of GSAK, but suspect I might need another app. So one, is it possible to do this, and two, if so any recommended apps to use or links to GSAK or other tools. I do have the serial cable which I use to transfer god between my computer and GPS.

After reading the forums for several hours still haven't found my answer on how I might map my tracks. Just recently mounted my eTrex H on my dirt bike to make caching a bit easier on the trails. One of the neat features is the use of tracks. It draws my route on my screen as I ride. I'd like to be able to overlay this on a map when I get home. I have a paid version of GSAK, but suspect I might need another app. So one, is it possible to do this, and two, if so any recommended apps to use or links to GSAK or other tools. I do have the serial cable which I use to transfer god between my computer and GPS.

GPS Visualizer

It can take many different file types, and can display on many different types of map.

GPS Visualizer

It can take many different file types, and can display on many different types of map.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get them off the Garman eTrex H (have serial cable). Read about GPSBabel, but had trouble installing. Not sure if that is going to do what I need anyway.

Now don't I feel stupid - Seems EasyGPS (free download from Geocaching.com) pulls the tracks no problem. As easy as 1. Connect your GPS and Open EasyGPS. 2. Choose GPS from menu, then Receive From GPS - Select Tracks. 3. In EasyGPS, Choose File - Save as (name your GPX file) 4. Go to GPSVisualizer.com, select your saved file and format and click GO (I used GoogleEarth). Click on the KML file and it opens in Google Earth. Very easy - like magic! Thanks everyone!