chirp @ half the price

I have been advised by the previous finders that there is a suprise inside,yet after looking today I did not find. I will try again monday as im away tomorrow,but im told it is the 'whitehill close' end,and placed behind the wall,right of the field entrance? Anyone found this cache since as I tried at dawn and was not seen. Thankfully.

:huh: I don't get it. How long will we have to wait for the punch line? And where can I get a Chirp for half price?

I tried searching for "Whitehill Close" to see if I could figure out which cache they're talking about, but there aren't any caches within 1/2 km of the three "Whitehill Close"s in Google Maps.

Hmmm.

If anyone clicked on this because they were interested in purchasing a chirp at a discount, I found them discounted online at a popular outdoor outfitter. Don't want to name names, since maybe that's not allowed... but if I had to buy hiking boots and a tent and wanted a yearly dividend for membership, then I'd go to this website.

I guess the concept didn't go over quite as well as the manufacturer had planned. I wonder if it could have succeed if they worked with Groundspeak to launch it rather than start their own website that nobody uses.

Agreed. Most of the chirp owners I know only have them because they won them in a contest or a chirp came with their gps. I have never met anyone who bought a chirp by itself ever.

Thanks,to be honest,when I kept seeing people rooting through bushes near my street,i was slightly concerned. After finding out what was happening,i thought people who waste their lives,...and petrol...hunting for a rock to sign were very sad indeed. But my views have changed as I have researched more about this,and im happy to say,i do see the appeal :-)

Thanks,to be honest,when I kept seeing people rooting through bushes near my street,i was slightly concerned. After finding out what was happening,i thought people who waste their lives,...and petrol...hunting for a rock to sign were very sad indeed. But my views have changed as I have researched more about this,and im happy to say,i do see the appeal :-)

I guess the concept didn't go over quite as well as the manufacturer had planned. I wonder if it could have succeed if they worked with Groundspeak to launch it rather than start their own website that nobody uses.

Agreed. Most of the chirp owners I know only have them because they won them in a contest or a chirp came with their gps. I have never met anyone who bought a chirp by itself ever.

We won a couple but gave them away. Seems they only work with the high end devices.

I'm sure that Chirps work well on both sites, but the problem I see with them is that you need the proper Garmin GPS unit to communicate with them and only the high end devices are equipped with the feature. Chirps are just like QR codes of any kind, useless to those of us that don't use a smart phone.

I agree with you that the concept didn't go over quite as well as the manufacturer had planned. I had two of the Chirps that we won in a Contest from the it's not about the numbers site. Only one or two users in our area had Garmin devices that would communicate with the Chirps. I gave them away at a geocaching event to a geocacher that lives far, far away from me, and he used them for geocaches on this site. :D

I'm sure that Chirps work well on both sites, but the problem I see with them is that you need the proper Garmin GPS unit to communicate with them and only the high end devices are equipped with the feature. Chirps are just like QR codes of any kind, useless to those of us that don't use a smart phone.

I agree with you that the concept didn't go over quite as well as the manufacturer had planned. I had two of the Chirps that we won in a Contest from the it's not about the numbers site. Only one or two users in our area had Garmin devices that would communicate with the Chirps. I gave them away at a geocaching event to a geocacher that lives far, far away from me, and he used them for geocaches on this site. :D

The person who mentioned the links actually succeeded reading a Chirp without a Garmin device.

The person who mentioned the links actually succeeded reading a Chirp without a Garmin device.

I'm sure there is a way around many things if you are willing to pay, but for your common everyday geocacher with a family and a buget have less use for Chirps than a avid numbers geocacher. They are also a good combination with PMO listings to limit visits. I have never said I was against them, I just don't have any use for them. :)