Newbie unable to download Pocket Queries

hampshirehunter

Hi, I'm a newbie.

1) I'm trying to download caches to my Garmin e Trek 10.

2) I presume I have to download PQ's to my laptop and then import into the eTrek.

3) I've selected 1000 caches to download (random large number)

4) I'm only downloading 9 caches.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

Charles

charles_darwall@yahoo.com

geocaching.jpg

Edited by hampshirehunter

One should always check the preview before actually submitting the PQ.

To do so... simply set all of the parameters except the day-to-run (leave it blank); [submit]; you may immediately check the top of the page for a link saying something akin to: "You may preview the query results..... ".

If you are happy with that, then return to that page and check the day-to-run box and resubmit. If not well, then ya gots to figger out what ya did wrong. It's usually some self-cancelling parameters, i.e. "I Own" and "I Do Not Own".

Hi, I'm a newbie.

2) I presume I have to download PQ's to my laptop and then import into the eTrek.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

Charles

geocaching.jpg

I just looked at your screenshot again.........

The download you show IS NOT a PQ, it is a My Finds Query. That is why it returns nine (9).

DO NOT use the [Add To Queue] button for a PQ. That button runs a My Finds Query. It will only return those that you have found.

Fryguy1111 and Gitchee-Gummee Thanks so much!! you're correct! Appreciate your speedy commentary!

Charles

____________________________-

Hi, I'm a newbie.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

Charles

geocaching.jpg

I just looked at your screenshot again.........

The download you show IS NOT a PQ, it is a My Finds Query. That is why it returns nine (9).

DO NOT use the [Add To Queue] button for a PQ. That button runs a My Finds Query. It will only return those that you have found.

It also appears that you have not checked any boxes for a day to run the pocket query. A given pocket query can only be run once a day with a maximum of five different queries per day.

True, the OP was trying to run a myfinds pocket query. But beware of the above. You have to check the boxes for when to run the query. Which I've always considered confusing myself, and I've seen many a new person do wrong. If you don't check those boxes, that PQ will never arrive.

hi other newbie here ,

wondering whether you could help , i cant seem to download caches to my htc sensation phone.

I can find them but when I download cache cgeo fails to load page and i get an error cgeo failed to download cache details ?

if i get menu and select store for offline it appears to download ? but after completion I still cant see in stored folder , is it a bug or am i doing something wrong ? please help ..