Newbie question about multi caches

Coolhandsluke

Ok I just heard about geocaching today and it sounded awesome. My question is how do I find multi caches on the website? I see that I can search by zip codes or state etc however all I am seeing are single caches.

Do I have to search for caches located near each other and just go from one to the next? Or is there something I am missing?

I am trying to find something with about 8-10 miles of hiking within 40 miles of Houston.

OK .. I see you're a premium member, so you can use pocket queries.

On your profile page, about halfway down on the right side, you'll see a link "Build Pocket Queries".

Click that, and go to the building page.

Click "Create a New Query"

For now, don't check the day of the week to generate the query.

In the second box, select the number of caches you want to see, and check the box "Selected Types"

Go into that "Types box" and check only "Multi-Cache".

Scroll down, check the "State" box and select the state you're interested in (Colorado?)

In the "From Origin" box, input the postal code that you want to be the center of your search, and input the radius you want the caches to be from that postal code.

At the bottom, click "Submit Information"

If you didn't select a day of the week to run, the query won't actually go anywhere, and won't actually run.

This is important because you can only run a select few queries a day . However, after you "Submit Information", you see a link at the top of the refreshed page that will let you view the query with all the mult-caches within that radius, and it won't count against your daily total.

You can peruse them and decide which you want to do.

On your profile page, about halfway down on the right side, you'll see a link "Build Pocket Queries".

In the second box, select the number of caches you want to see, and check the box "Selected Types"

Scroll down, check the "State" box and select the state you're interested in (Colorado?)

In the "From Origin" box, input the postal code that you want to be the center of your search, and input the radius you want the caches to be from that postal code.

If you didn't select a day of the week to run, the query won't actually go anywhere, and won't actually run.

This is important because you can only run a select few queries a day . However, after you "Submit Information", you see a link at the top of the refreshed page that will let you view the query with all the mult-caches within that radius, and it won't count against your daily total.

Thank you my canuck friend!

Houston is in Texas not Colorado though just fyi =]

I really appreciate you taking the time to type that out.

@the3gmen I will check out what you posted next.

Thank you my canuck friend!

Houston is in Texas not Colorado though just fyi =]

I really appreciate you taking the time to type that out.

@the3gmen I will check out what you posted next.

:lol: :lol: I know that ... when I was typing I had Denver in my mind, and didn't go back and read your post :o