Equestrian Caching

I was setting up the attributes for a new cache. I added the "Horses allowed" attribute, then was going to add a comment about no horses being allowed in the nearby provincial park. However, then I thougth, "does anyone actualy cache on horse back"? I have never heard of anyone doing so. Has anyone else know of someone who ocasionaly cacher on horse back?

I went to find GC2HGQ4 (Prick or Treat?) on foot, then came back to ride the same trails with my horse. The whole time I walked it the first time I kept cursing myself for not noticing the horse icon first!

When I came back to the area I stopped at the cache and dropped off a few pieces of swag just for good karma--I'd have given it a favorite point if I had a premium membership.

One thing that I would make sure of before finding caches on horseback is that your horse ground ties. Luckily mine does, so I wasn't too worried that I'd be off in the bushes while he decided to roam. Alternatively you could just bring a lead rope and tie up to a tree, but I never seem to be able to find a skinny enough tree for that when I need it.

I'm aware of a number of cachers who cache'n'ride. Some of the hides in the state forest near me were set up a riding couple. They showed me some things I'd never seen, as I tend to avoid the horsetrails since I stopped riding out there myself. Footing is too ragged to be fun on foot.

I tried horseback caching exactly once. Decided I'd rather walk, and not spend so much time fiddling with gear. I stopped hauling a horse about the time I started caching.

There are a lot of hides south of me in a county equestrian area. Most finders are walking, but the only trails are equestrian - so there have been some riding finders too.

The national forest north of me has some mixed use trail (horse hike bike) I see horseback cachers there as well.

I was setting up the attributes for a new cache. I added the "Horses allowed" attribute, then was going to add a comment about no horses being allowed in the nearby provincial park. However, then I thougth, "does anyone actualy cache on horse back"? I have never heard of anyone doing so. Has anyone else know of someone who ocasionaly cacher on horse back?

Check out my profile, and Hazelbell and Appaloosa Gal. We do exist :) I have a public bookmark of the caches I've found on horseback, it numbers over 200 now. Thanks to everyone who uses the horses allowed attribute, we appreciate it!