City Navigator NT not loading on eTrex 30

Just tried to install a new copy of City Navigator to my eTrex 30. The installation routine completes okay, says my device is loaded. They do show up in Basecamp but not on the eTrex. I checked in Setup>Maps and it is not showing.

I tried to find assistance on Garmin's web site but nothing there about this. So I tried to email them and the page link is broken. They probably wouldn't answer anyway-- I have a couple unanswered inquiries going back months.

On My Garmin it says the maps are loaded but I'm not seeing them. I've uploaded City Select or Navigator to many devices but never run across this before.

I don't want to load again from the DVD because Garmin gives a one-time update option on initial installation.

Any ideas about this? Thanks.

Edited by MotorBug

Thanks for your reply. I got them loaded through MapSource. For some reason, I thought on a a USB device the whole map set was loaded from installation like my Nuvi. Instead, the maps were loaded to both MapSource and Basecamp. I've never understood Basecamp fully and preferring MapSource anyway, I used it to load the maps. I really should have know that having Garmin products over the years and a prior 30. I just forgot. A far too frequent occurrence!

After I checked and made sure everything was operating normally on the 30 I spent some more time in Basecamp. I find it confusing. I never did find how to load maps from it, either from clicking around or searching help. If you know how I'd appreciate the method. I don't see a 'map selection' tool like in MapSource. Nor do I find the way to modify the tool bar to see if it needs to be installed.

I never did find how to load maps from it, either from clicking around or searching help. If you know how I'd appreciate the method. I don't see a 'map selection' tool like in MapSource. Nor do I find the way to modify the tool bar to see if it needs to be installed.

MapInstall is used to load vector map data 'in' Bascamp. I have not found a way to start it from BaseCamp; but have not looked much as I prefer MapSource.

Right click on the device (GPSr) in the device list menu and select "Install Maps".