notifications not emailing me

lem1

Hi everyone,

It seems to me that unless I am doing something wrong, the notifications service is not picking up on new caches in my area (NYC) and emailing me.

This is how I have it set up:

- Name: NY Traditional

- Type to watch: Traditional cache (Publish listing and enable listing ticked)

- From what coordinates: N 40 43.935' W 073 59.245'

- Postal Code: this is empty

- Distance in Km: 5

- Email is correct

- Enable notifications: this is ticked

I have done similar notifications for puzzle and multi caches. I don't think any of them are working because there was definitely a puzzle re-enabled a couple days ago and I received nothing.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thank you in advance,

lem1

5km is an awfully short radius to be checking.

Well manhattan has a huge concentration of caches. 5 km covers a good area. One of the caches that was published a few days ago is much closer than 5 km and never got an email. I can always increase it but I doubt that's the issue.

Thanks for your reply

Lem1

I am having a similar problem however my radius is 80km (50 miles).

I am receiving some notifications of new caches, but only a few.

I have been having this problem for about three months. Nothing changed in my profile etc at that time.

My email account has not changed, it is not a gmail or yahoo email account. Spam settings are not blocking the notifications. Other Groundspeak communications arrive and as I said some Newly Published caches are coming though. There is no identifying reason as to why those that get sent to me, do

Last week, I reviewed my previous instant notification requests, then deleted them all.

I then set up a whole new suite of instant notifications for published caches (Trad, multi, events etc)

Unfortunately, there have been new caches published very nearby. Unfortunately, I didn't receive notification.

I have forward an enquiry to Groundspeak and am awaiting a reply.

Can anyone help?

Spam settings are not blocking the notifications. Other Groundspeak communications arrive and as I said some Newly Published caches are coming though. There is no identifying reason as to why those that get sent to me, do

I'll point you to my bug report topic on this problem. This has been happening for a long time, and you'll see (interspersed between posts completely unrelated to this bug <_< ) that others have encountered the same problem. You're not alone!

Spam settings are not blocking the notifications. Other Groundspeak communications arrive and as I said some Newly Published caches are coming though. There is no identifying reason as to why those that get sent to me, do

I'll point you to my bug report topic on this problem. This has been happening for a long time, and you'll see (interspersed between posts completely unrelated to this bug <_< ) that others have encountered the same problem. You're not alone!

Thankyou - I read your post and all the all the replies but thought my case didn't fit with your bug as described. You see, in my case, other cachers around me are receiving the notification for caches being published, while I'm not.

Early this morning a new cache was published about 2-3 miles from home at http://coord.info/GC3QH9P - I did not receive the notification.

While at just after midday today I did receive notification of a new cache 23.1 miles away. see http://coord.info/GL8Q1G5Q

I am very and quite confused.

I've the same problem today as well, seems to be worldwide as i stay in Scotland.

There were 3 new caches published today and i got no notification of any of them until 8hrs after they had FTF's on them and even then i only got notification of 1 of them.

I also got an email for a cache that is on my watchlist but not for another that i know has been found and logged today.

Hopefully it will get sorted soon as getting notifications of new caches was the main reason i got a premium membership.

:anibad::mad: :mad: