Geographical Extreme Points

My idea is to mark the most extreme points of a country, county or city.

This could be for example the most northerly, easterly, westerly or southerly point, the highest and the lowest point and so on.

What do you think about it?

Regards

Tharandter

Edited by Tharandter

There is already a category for Geographical High Points. The other directions are missing, but I don't know if they would be considered intersting enough by the majority.

I think it's more interesting, than the the general name "high points". Maybe the category can be extended for spots like 'the coldest location, the hottest location, 'the highest building of a country'... something extreme in a country or county.

Edited by Tharandter

There is already a category for Geographical High Points. The other directions are missing, but I don't know if they would be considered intersting enough by the majority.

I think it's more interesting, than the the general name "high points". Maybe the category can be extended for spots like 'the coldest location, the hottest location, 'the highest building of a country'... something extreme in a country or county.

Once you extend the category like you have indicated they fit nicely in the Superlatives category.

We do have a number of these type of waymarks in the "Superlatives" category, and they are certainly welcome here - most southerly, etc. But, it is really a very broad category so they seem a little buried, so there might be some interest in a category just for these geographical extremes.

I would limit it to directions and elevation, maybe excluding "highest" since there is a specific category for those. I think that in many case these points would be hard to identify and verify unless there is a marker of some sort. In some cases there could be some confusion. For instance, what is the most southerly, or westerly point in Colorado?