bonus caches

PC-Realestacher

Have planned to set a traditional cache container, but also received permission to put another one nearby. The other cache will have somewhat limited access, so we thought it might be a cool "Bonus" cache-- in other words, when cacher finds the first, clues will be left to lead to the second (surprise!). If I do this, can cachers get credit for two finds? Do I set up a separate page for the "Bonus" cache? Is there a distance requirement for the "bonus" cache?

The bonus will always be a seperate cache and will almost always be listed as an unknown cache (well most local ones are) Make sure you put the bonus out 1st so you can plan in reverse what is required to find it from the trad. And the minumum distance rule must be obeyed.

The bonus will always be a seperate cache and will almost always be listed as an unknown cache (well most local ones are) Make sure you put the bonus out 1st so you can plan in reverse what is required to find it from the trad. And the minumum distance rule must be obeyed.

I think that's the best way to do it.

I did a letterbox hybrid cache that contained the coordinates for a mystery cache. The two caches were themed alike. One had a bird theme and other was a nest theme. Both caches, despite getting less visitors than the nearby traditional caches, had many more favorite points than those nearby caches.

I have seen a cache with an unlisted bonus cache across the street. I have heard of a couple others. The one I found, the bonus cache was hidden in a way that wouldn't be allowed by the guidelines.

If there is a bonus cache that is not published, just found by finding another cache you would not get a smiley for it. And if it appears to be used to skirt the guidelines, I'm sure the reviewers would take a rather dim view of it.

If your bonus cache meets the guidelines and you plan on listing it, then the previous posts are right.