Hedgehunters - Wiltshire & Somerset

Regretfully we've have decided, due to some health issues, to close down our caches. We plan to retrieve boxes etc in the next month or so, including the moving on of TBs & GCs. In the interim, if anyone out there wants to take any of them over, please let us know via email ASAP - I'd assume the Stourhead group should be taken on as a job-lot. We'll still do a few caches from time to time but the maintaining of our own caches has become problematic of late (hence their neglect!). Thanks in advance to anyone who helps us out her. All Best. HH Rob & Sue

So sorry to hear that you've not been well and have had to archive your caches.

Unfortunately now that they have been archived I have a feeling Groundspeak will not allow them to be re-enabled simply to be taken over by another cacher - however short the timescale. I have a feeling it's to do with not setting a precedent about 'un-archiving' very old caches. Anyway, I know a friend who has tried to take over an archived cache who was unsuccessful.

Just to let any other cachers know, if you'd like your caches to be adopted, it's probably a good idea not to archive them before the process. It just makes everything easier in the long run.

Hope you're still able to go out and enjoy caching from time to time yourselves.

Is it not possible to set a 'new' cache in the same location, which would coincidentally use the same box & contents?

Yes, you can. I adopted around thirty caches in the Bristol and Bath area (including a series of 21 where one had been archived). I put a box back in the same position using the same co-ordinates and even the same name and it was accepted okay.

Is it not possible to set a 'new' cache in the same location, which would coincidentally use the same box & contents?

Yes, you can. I adopted around thirty caches in the Bristol and Bath area (including a series of 21 where one had been archived). I put a box back in the same position using the same co-ordinates and even the same name and it was accepted okay.

Does this imply an interest? I only ask because obviously I won't go and collect the box(es), TBs etc if they're going to be 'revived' so to speak...