entering cache coords for new cache on a mac

4creekcachers

I don't know what I am doing wrong. i enter the coordinates show in one of the four examples when setting up a new cache and it won't accept them. I am doing it on a macbook pro and I type in N 54º 24.544 W 116º 49.159 and it says cannot 'parse' coordinates. I am using the ALT/option + 0 to do the degree symbol. I tried typing it another way and it does not show it at the right spot on the map. It it the degree symbol it does not recognize. I look in my gps options and I don't see the other similar examples of how to display the coordinates like the samples. I am using a garmin map60csx.. and I am new to this. My first cache I have hidden. I am sure I have the coords. correct as I marked them when we found the spot.

Roxanne

I don't know what I am doing wrong. i enter the coordinates show in one of the four examples when setting up a new cache and it won't accept them. I am doing it on a macbook pro and I type in N 54º 24.544 W 116º 49.159 and it says cannot 'parse' coordinates. I am using the ALT/option + 0 to do the degree symbol. I tried typing it another way and it does not show it at the right spot on the map. It it the degree symbol it does not recognize. I look in my gps options and I don't see the other similar examples of how to display the coordinates like the samples. I am using a garmin map60csx.. and I am new to this. My first cache I have hidden. I am sure I have the coords. correct as I marked them when we found the spot.

Roxanne

I would type in the coordinates *without* the degree symbol. I've never used the degree symbol and have not had a problem. I also don't use a space between the hemisphere and the degrees, i.e., N54 24.544 W116 49.159. But I think the submission form the hemisphere is separated from the degree so just type in the degree and the next box over is the minutes and decimal minutes.

thanks so much. that worked. I thought I tried that, but guess not.

Roxanne

I would type in the coordinates *without* the degree symbol. I've never used the degree symbol and have not had a problem. I also don't use a space between the hemisphere and the degrees, i.e., N54 24.544 W116 49.159. But I think the submission form the hemisphere is separated from the degree so just type in the degree and the next box over is the minutes and decimal minutes.